Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Economy seats will no longer be assigned for free before check-in

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:22 am
q

After more than 10 years (I am slow...) I reached the conclusion that surveys are mostly (only?) used to find where it is still possible to cut costs with "minimum" impact on service. So I have decided to avoid answering them, as much as possible.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by q
After more than 10 years (I am slow...) I reached the conclusion that surveys are mostly (only?) used to find where it is still possible to cut costs with "minimum" impact on service. So I have decided to avoid answering them, as much as possible.
Or they already have their mind made up as to what the customer is saying, even before they ask.

And, of course, they didn't ask anybody outright "would you like to be forced to pay for a seating assignment, or would you rather things stay as they are now?" because that clearly is a leading question and one which the customer could not be trusted to answer correctly...
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I just booked my first AF flight in years. (IAH-LIN $467). I am FB Gold, but I can't select my seats. I thought as gold we could select seats. Is that a glitch or is that the new policy for all regardless of status? Travel dates are 1/22-1/26
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Seat selection still seems to be for free today...
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
As the IT program is starting to be implemented for some flights, one can expect some usual AF teething problems.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:16 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
The pdf doc isnt available anymore, someone still have this ?

Does anyone remember what does it said about codeshares ?

If DL allows me to choose my economy seat for free on AF metal , does it means that the 1st AF/KL elite perk who want this seat will kick me out ?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Pre Check-in flying AF with children

I just booked my first AF award flight. Me, my wife and 4 year old child. On AF website it says seat assignments are complimentary for families on the same reservation. But my reservation on the website says only that seat assignment will be at check-in. I can't find instructions how to book seat assignments in advance. Am I able to do this ? Ideally for free, but even if with a charge. I just want to lock down the details that we'll all be sitting together. I have no status with AF so not keen on waiting til T-30
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by thewhitezone
I just booked my first AF award flight. Me, my wife and 4 year old child. On AF website it says seat assignments are complimentary for families on the same reservation. But my reservation on the website says only that seat assignment will be at check-in. I can't find instructions how to book seat assignments in advance. Am I able to do this ? Ideally for free, but even if with a charge. I just want to lock down the details that we'll all be sitting together. I have no status with AF so not keen on waiting til T-30
What is your route ? If it is a medium-haul flight, there is no pre-assignment (except in C).
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
What is your route ? If it is a medium-haul flight, there is no pre-assignment (except in C).
Route is CDG to PRG in Economy

I see on the AF website that this can be done in advance for a fee. Is that not correct ?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Route is CDG to PRG in Economy

I see on the AF website that this can be done in advance for a fee. Is that not correct ?
if you are flying economy for this short flight, seat selection is only possible during OLCI unfortunately.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by newflyer27
if you are flying economy for this short flight, seat selection is only possible during OLCI unfortunately.

Ok, this is where I was reading on AF site. Makes no mention of flight length being a factor. I suppose "up to 2 days" means starting at T-48hrs. But there is also reference to being able to do in advance for a fee.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common...s-and-children

I've never flown AF before so this is all new and can't quite figure out what applies when.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:20 am

Ok, this is where I was reading on AF site. Makes no mention of flight length being a factor.
At the first section of the page:
This service available for a fee is available in the Economy cabin on intercontinental flights provided by AIR FRANCE or KLM, beginning on January 26, 2016.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: Peasant at large
all Y seats available for selection when checking in?

Have B fare ticket via DL but flight is operated by AF. I can select regular Y cabin seats but not the front or exit row seats via DL website. AF website doesn't allow anything at all, not even the pay-to-select one of the front of cabin seats.

Anyone knows if the entire Y cabin will open up for seat selection during OLCI?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by crunchie
Anyone knows if the entire Y cabin will open up for seat selection during OLCI?
yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.