Community
Wiki Posts
Search

France to reinstate intra-Schengen border controls for one month

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Goldorak
The very recent info I had (not mine) were long lines at immigration but fluid and no problem in SkyP lanes. So being in J and eligible to SkyP, you should be fine with your current plan.
Thanks very much. That's reassuring that at least the SkyPriority lines are very reasonable for now.

Of course, I'd appreciate any updates if anyone has more information about the current state of lines at CDG.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Thanks very much. That's reassuring that at least the SkyPriority lines are very reasonable for now.

Of course, I'd appreciate any updates if anyone has more information about the current state of lines at CDG.
I'm flying back home to CDG today (DL SEA-LHR AF LHR-CDG) - I'll let you know what its like for lines.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
France to reinstate intra-Schengen border controls for one month

datapoint entry: arrival from KIX (2E) to 2F.
Arrival time 17h00 in salon air france near fate F34 at 17h40.
Security: SP went smooth.
1 station open at passport control and they are looking and scanning/reading every passport.
Had SP but there was a silent agreement: 1 SP pax then 1 normal pax. All because of only one station open (and automatic stations closed). When it's was my turn and looked back around 80 pax where waiting....pffft don't wanna be the guy in row 40 with a tight connection in the late afternoon.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Arrived 6pm today. 15 minute wait in Sky Priority line at 2E.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Arrived 6pm today. 15 minute wait in Sky Priority line at 2E.
Thank you.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Security check back to normal at T2F this morning
Old Nov 21, 2015, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Security check back to normal at T2F this morning
Do you mean security or immigration ? And if the latter, it means no more immigration control ?
confusing
Old Nov 21, 2015, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Do you mean security or immigration ? And if the latter, it means no more immigration control ?
confusing
Back to normal means... Back to normal
Which means no passport control and boarding at T2F as before
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Arrived at 2E today just before 3 p.m. Very few of us in the SkyPriority lane, but:
- no sharing other passport counters with the non-status queue, strictly one counter only for the priority lane
- our counter was processing passengers at about half the speed of the others. I have a UK passport and it was given a very careful scan and check today. It is very new and still in good condition and the guy asked me to tell him the renewal date before handing it back to me (which I managed to remember!).

I was through reasonably quickly, but I could see the priority queue building up.

BTW, I boarded at EDI and in the jetbridge we were stopped and asked where we lived, where we were going and how long we would be staying at our destination.

Last edited by DernierVirage; Nov 21, 2015 at 11:39 am
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Arrived at 2E today just before 3 p.m. Very few of us in the SkyPriority lane, but:
- no sharing other passport counters with the non-status queue, strictly one counter only for the priority lane
- our counter was processing passengers at about half the speed of the others. I have a UK passport and it was given a very careful scan and check today. It is very new and still in good condition and the guy asked me to tell him the renewal date before handing it back to me (which I managed to remember!).

I was through reasonably quickly, but I could see the priority queue building up.

BTW, I boarded at EDI and in the jetbridge we were stopped and asked where we lived, where we were going and how long we would be staying at our destination.
It is one of the infuriating aspects of Paris's Acces no1 immigration: more often than not only one booth but shared for the (slow) non-EU passports and the (fast) EU passport ones. You are typically best off going for the (non priority) automatic machines on the opposite side of the hall, which of course only work with passports which is another pain.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
It is one of the infuriating aspects of Paris's Acces no1 immigration: more often than not only one booth but shared for the (slow) non-EU passports and the (fast) EU passport ones. You are typically best off going for the (non priority) automatic machines on the opposite side of the hall, which of course only work with passports which is another pain.
Interesting thing is that yesterday, from what I could see, most people in the Accès No. 1 queue were holding EU passports, but the non EU line was moving much more quickly. The guys in front of me had French passports and they were a long time at the counter, whereas the people in the non-priority queue (I think they were off a CZ flight) were sailing through passport control !!!

Last edited by DernierVirage; Nov 22, 2015 at 8:00 am Reason: Spelling.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:49 am

I'm at CDG and sure enough, I missed my connection. DTW had snow and it took about an hour to de-ice the aircraft, so we arrived into CDG more than 45 minutes late.

If anyone is around CDG for the next three or four hours, send me a PM. I've already showered and now I'm having lunch in the 2F high gate numbers lounge.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:39 am

One thing that surprised me a little on Friday - for the first time ever, I was pulled over at customs after baggage claim. They asked to see ID, where I was coming from, going to, etc. No questions about how much I was bringing back however.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Same at LHR T4 this morning. SP Lane pretty much empty on arrival at 2E at 9AM

Flying out of Orly Hall 3 (Non-Schengen) on Friday i also saw that the evening IB flight to Madrid had also been moved to Hall 3 for passport checks.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Transited this morning just after nine from 2E to 2F. Nobody in SP line and about 5-6 people waiting in normal line. Also immigration lines to enter 2E from check-in area rather short.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.