CDG 2E Lounge Shower Question

Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL, HH, MR
CDG 2E Lounge Shower Question

Quick question - does AF provide toiletries when using the showers in the 2E lounges, or do I need to bring my own? Specifically, razor/cream and deodorant.

Searched the forum, but information here is several years old, and sounds like over the years this has changed, so asking for more current data.

TIA
Matt
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by grobma
Quick question - does AF provide toiletries when using the showers in the 2E lounges, or do I need to bring my own? Specifically, razor/cream and deodorant.
There is a kit provided (with a small perfume if I'm not mistaken but no deodorant).
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Nico40
There is a kit provided (with a small perfume if I'm not mistaken but no deodorant).
Indeed. Razor, shaving cream, toothbrush and toothpaste are provided but no deodorant.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you for the quick response!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1)

Deodorant? In France??

(Running out of the room )
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1)

Deodorant? In France??

(Running out of the room )
All French FTers I know smell fresh!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by grobma
TIA
Just a side note, if your transit is in the early mornings, there could be a long queue for the showers. Earlier in the year the queue was 2 hours for me, and I ended up not being able to take one before catching my onward flight.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Indeed. Razor, shaving cream, toothbrush and toothpaste are provided but no deodorant.
And no washcloth, if that's your thing when showering. It is for me. Yes, you can use part of the hand towel, but not as convenient.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Just a side note, if your transit is in the early mornings, there could be a long queue for the showers. Earlier in the year the queue was 2 hours for me, and I ended up not being able to take one before catching my onward flight.
I'll be there on Christmas Day so not so worried about lines, but do hope someone will be staffing the spa . . .

And no washcloth, if that's your thing when showering. It is for me. Yes, you can use part of the hand towel, but not as convenient.
Good to know!

Thanks again to all for the info.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I'm flying into 2E. Should I risk going to landside and use the arrival lounge at 2C or just use the shower in 2E?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
I guess that would depend on several factors:

1) are you connecting beyond Paris?

2) if so, how much time between flights? And what is your departure terminal?

3) if not, are you arriving before 2pm(arrival lounge closing)?

4) and, finally, are you in J? If not, a shower will cost at least 25 Euros.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:43 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by shuigao
So, that seems to be a permanent issue. Recently, I visited the 2E-L and -M lounges multiple times during morning hours and 1.5-2h in the lounge was never enough time to take a shower, due to the long queue.
Once even on a Sunday morning.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by arkangel
I guess that would depend on several factors:

1) are you connecting beyond Paris?

2) if so, how much time between flights? And what is your departure terminal?

3) if not, are you arriving before 2pm(arrival lounge closing)?

4) and, finally, are you in J? If not, a shower will cost at least 25 Euros.
1) I'm connecting to HKG, but have a 15hr layover, so plan on visiting Paris.

2) I arrive at 8am in 2E and depart at 11:30pm

3) Yes

4) I'm flying PE into CDG and departing in J.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Last week I used the shower in one of the 2F lounges. There was no wait at all (late morning) and they did give me the toiletry kit. The shower was adequate, with only a tiny bench for dressing. The shower room also had a sink but no toilet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.