Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weighing carry-on baggage at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
So, AF no longer offered Premium Eco for its medium haul flights. Though I have PE for the TATL flights (and also on Delta within the US) I understand I will be in economy for the CDG - LIS and return portions -so- am I bound by economy rules the entire trip? I probably can check my US carry-on size roller and just bring a small backpack (student size) and medium tote on the plane. That should meet the most restrictive guidelines,right? (If I assume my tote is the "accessory")
Old Jul 10, 2016, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you read this forum (and others) you will see that this kind of measures are literally spreading around. And, for this, I think connecting in CDG is easier than departing from CDG (less enforcement).
I won't mind if it would be enforced at the gate by the airline, and they would therefor checkin my carry on at the gate, I wouldn't even mind if they would charge me if I was over my checked in luggage allowance, but what would one do if he has a short connection and is sent out to the checkin counter? (where is is very possible it is already too late to checkin baggage to the flight)

What other airports are doing the enforcing luggage weight in the same way?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Ditto
I won't mind if it would be enforced at the gate by the airline, and they would therefor checkin my carry on at the gate, I wouldn't even mind if they would charge me if I was over my checked in luggage allowance, but what would one do if he has a short connection and is sent out to the checkin counter? (where is is very possible it is already too late to checkin baggage to the flight)
Sorry to insist, but Goldorak was not connecting but departing from CDG.
I have not seen any measure of this type for connecting passengers as of now. Therefore, connecting passengers are not "sent" to check-in if their baggage is too heavy, because their baggage is simply not weighted.

Last edited by olivedel; Jul 10, 2016 at 11:17 pm
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by olivedel
Sorry to insist, but Goldorak was not connecting but departing from CDG.
I have not seen any measure of this type for connecting passengers as of now. Therefore, connecting passengers are not "sent" to check-in if their baggage is too heavy, because their baggage is simply not weighted.
He also said, that for connecting pax it is less enforced, not that it is not enforced at all.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He also said, that for connecting pax it is less enforced, not that it is not enforced at all.
It seems to be you are being a tad cute here.
Has there been any report by anybody of being weight-checked at security while transiting?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by NickB
It seems to be you are being a tad cute here.
Has there been any report by anybody of being weight-checked at security while transiting?
Yes, see for example http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26758650-post12.html
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
In that post, I assume the OP transfered from T1 to T2F landside, and was therefore subject to the same checks than passengers originating from Paris region.
I have never seen luggage being weighted at the "regular" transfer checkpoints.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
According to a recent traveler in the DL forum, they are now weighting carry-on bags at the 2E SkyPriority line
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
According to a recent traveler in the DL forum, they are now weighting carry-on bags at the 2E SkyPriority line
Yes, see my post #116 in this thread.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Another data point this morning at immigration checkpoint in 2E. I was in line for PARAFE (long-haul J)
in a total chaos as usual, and I was making a phone call when a guy dressed in black and having a orange "banner" on his arm with "Security" written on it, literally jumped on me looking at my small cabin suitcase and my computer roller bag and shouted "Sir, are you travelling solo" ? Euhhh yes. And he took my 2 carryons to appreciate their weight and he said "OK you can go"
I was installed at the lounge when one of the attendant came to see me, calling me by my name and wanted to know if everything was OK and if I needed anything. I told her about that story and said that they should really ask that kind of bulldogs (sorry for that, but this is the 1st term that comes to my mind knowing how he jumped on me like if I just committed a theft or a crime) should maybe have a little bit more customer-oriented behavior, especially for the J pax. She was very apologetic about that, even if of course she has no responsibility for it.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
(...) She was very apologetic about that, even if of course she has no responsibility for it.
Even though we all have an idea, it would still be interesting to know for sure who is behind this move and why.

This weight enforcement is really annoying. Number of bags and size of bags are an issue for abiding PAX, but weight....
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I was flying CDG-JFK on a DL flight and had an issue with a similar person, dressed in black, with an orange band in the arm. He told me in a very aggressive way that my luggage needed to be weighted, I told him I was flying Delta and he said "Not my problem. No weight, no board plane."

So my only choices were 1) let the person weight my bag or 2) go back to the counter, which I did. A very nice AF agent was very apologetic but said "this is the way things were at CDG" until I offered myself to call Delta and have them speak to each other, another nice AF agent heard the conversation and reminded her colleague that Delta did not have weight limit. She walked with me to the SP line and reminded the gentlemen to verify boarding passes and to not check the weight of DL passengers.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Could those zouaves not invest their zeal somewhere more useful?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I got hit on an Alitalia flight last weekend. Incredibly rude and aggressive; the AF personnel blamed it on the airport.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Could those zouaves not invest their zeal somewhere more useful?
Ah,... the zeal of the zouaves... quel sens de l'allitération, Dear Orbitmic... Perhaps we can build on that: Les zouaves zélés et autres zozos, zèbres et zigotos sèment la zizanie parmi les passagers néozélandais et zambiens se rendant à Zanzibar ou Ouarzazate avec trop de valises?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.