Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Air France ground staff on strike on October 5th

Information on AF website

No flight cancellations planned, but delays are probable
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
So does anyone know the exact impact this action will cause? Specifically, if this is an AF labor issue, will ground operations at CDG be minimally impacted, or do AF employees have a significant footprint?

I have an AF long-haul flight arriving at CDG on Oct. 10 with a 90 min layover before continuing on via another AF flight to Bordeaux. Are the people that service the incoming/outgoing AF aircraft on the ground (fuel, food and push-back from the gate) AF employees or CDG employees?

Just wondering if it's better to rebook to KLM and avoid CDG all together

Insights deeply appreciated.
Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
The strike was only today by AF ground staff, as far as I know it isn't prolonged after today, and there were no cancellations, just a few delays.
My guess is that Fuel and pushback are CDG staff, and food is done by Servair, an AF subsidiary who weren't on strike.

Last edited by Zembla; Oct 5, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Zembla
The strike was only today by AF ground staff, as far as I know it isn't prolonged after today, and there were no cancellations, just a few delays.
My guess is that Fuel and pushback are CDG staff, and food is done by Servair, an AF subsidiary who weren't on strike.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.