Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

My Carry on bag for flight o Air France is 22" Will I have a problem?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Flying on Air France from Dulles to Paris and then Paris to Florence later this month. My carry-on bag is 22". The rules say 21". Will I have a problem?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by johnemo
Flying on Air France from Dulles to Paris and then Paris to Florence later this month. My carry-on bag is 22". The rules say 21". Will I have a problem?
Cabin class? Any elite status with AF/KLM or a SkyTeam partner?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If this is a return flight you may have (more) trouble on the return flight.
Carry size & weight on for most Eu airlines is a lot less than is common practice for USA airlines.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*

My experience with AF has been mixed but predictable. If I arrive at CDG on Delta and my bag is a carry on I can carry it on to the connecting AF flight. But as soon as I have to check in with AF they insist on checking my carry on.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You'll be fine. Lots of people take bigger bags on. Status won't make any difference to carry-on luggage allowance.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As this is specific to AF, we're relocating this post.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Status won't make any difference to carry-on luggage allowance.
Simply not true.
Maybe officially status or class of service are not suppose to make a difference but the reality is that most ground crew and gate agents will not argue with a J pax holding elite status, In more then one occasion I have carried excessive hand luggage (both in terms of size but also in terms of number of pieces) and in the number of times GA approached me it was enough to comment I'm holding platinum status and flying J - never had anyone forced me to check-in or gate check a bag...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.