Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF84 (CDG-SFO) A380 Business Seat

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
How can one tell if the seats on the flight are NEV 3 or 4?

I am flying AF6 from CDG-JFK on October 8 on the A380 and trying to see if there's a way to tell which configuration they'll be flying. Thanks for your help everyone!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:29 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
How can one tell if the seats on the flight are NEV 3 or 4?

I am flying AF6 from CDG-JFK on October 8 on the A380 and trying to see if there's a way to tell which configuration they'll be flying. Thanks for your help everyone!
NEV3/NEV4 are not configurations but seat types. You will not know until the day of your flight if the info is available on various aviation related internet sites, and even then, the aircraft can be swapped at the very last minute. So the most predictable way to know is by arriving to the gate and looking at the aircraft registration:
NEV4: F-HPJG, JH, JI, JJ
NEV 3: Any other not in the list (JA-JF)
Old Oct 10, 2016, 3:53 pm

AF085

Originally Posted by Goldorak
From July 30, AF080/085 (B777) will propose the BEST seats on some days.
Do you know if the cabin (Fligth AF085 between SFO-CDG) will be a Best & Beyond cabin during the summer 2017 in Business Class? If I check the information, air plane is 777-300ER and the cabin has 6 rows with 7 seats on each. No First class on board.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Slc2012
Do you know if the cabin (Fligth AF085 between SFO-CDG) will be a Best & Beyond cabin during the summer 2017 in Business Class? If I check the information, air plane is 777-300ER and the cabin has 6 rows with 7 seats on each. No First class on board.
Looks like this one; https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ai..._777-300_D.php but it's too early to say I think.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Slc2012
no need to ask the same question in different threads
Old May 9, 2018, 9:53 pm

AF84 Review

Review is for Air France A380. This is a great aircraft. One can only admire the engineering that has gone into this plane. Flew AF84 today. Business class. Very dated seats. Not lie flat bit angled. All seat face forwards. Window seats are useless. One has to lean over to see anything. Service was good but not excellent. Airport staff not very helpful in Paris. Sky priority staff directed us to regular line. Immigration can be slow. Staff at airport dressed nice but more engrossed in talking with each other. This is true of many airports Ihave been at and airlines. AF is not likely to update the seats on this aircraft given troubles they are facing. It will sad to see this aircraft go by the wayside as it is considered not fuel efficient. I believe with right seat configuration it can be viable. Specially trained staff needed to handle large number of passengers if configuration is in the range of 450plus. Hopefully design would permit good air quality also. Bottom line. Do not rec paying top dollar to fly BC if seats not updated and definaltely do not rec anything other than lie flats. Given that it is dated the same could be said about the entertainment system. Picture quality was semi ok. Outbound was KLM 787-9 with lie flat seats. Much better and aircraft was newer. Not here to bash AF. Rec choosing air carrier wisely. Safety record is important. Most legacy European carriers have dated airplanes. No worries if flying in reward ticket. Word has it that even Emirates is having staffing problems. In general staff to have a tough job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.