ID Requirements for Schengen flights on AF

Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
So I tried again at MAD and they needed my passport. It seems my Spanish residents card is good for travel anywhere except Spain. Basically the opposite of the rules.
Spain has special rules.

When boarding at CDG and elsewhere in Schengen area, ID's are usually not checked. ID's are only asked for at check-in in cape of luggage drop off.

But in Spain, ID's are requested upon boarding. When I asked why, I was told by an unpleasant agent "This is Spain".
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:39 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ulxima
I always carry my passport, even if I go to Tesco!
I would like to but never know how to take it with me. The size is so impractical. Unless you keep in in a separate (work?) bag...but I don't like that much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.