Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France cancelled and rescheduled my flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: FB Plat, A!Club Plat
Some general advice based on my personal experience: go social. In one instance, I had some miles that were not credited so I filed a complaint with AF customer service, to which I got a reply saying that because it was summer vacation time, I would not get a reply before 2 weeks. I tweeted about it and the problem was solved in under 12 hours.
The best part was that, when customer service finally returned from their vacation, they credited me some additional miles.
So my advice would be, in your case, file a complaint with customer service because that's the channel of record, but follow it up with a tweet to @airfrance.
Your mileage may vary.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
I agree and would probably side with you on this one but the opposing argument, though, is based on a literal reading of the Reg + an often-used principle of interpretation in consumer law, according to which ambiguities in consumer protection legislation should be resolved in favour of the consumer.

FWIW, BA systematically takes the line that the amount should be pro-rated but there are reports on the BA FT Board that they will back down and settled based on 75% of the full ticket amount once MCOL proceedings are initiated. In my own experience with Asiana, while the discussions were protracted in other respects, they never questioned my calculations based on the whole ticket rather than just the downgraded segment.
Thanks again for the data points - most useful indeed!! If it does happen to me I will certainly start from the "optimistic" calculation now! ^
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:17 am
Original Poster

put complaint to air france to refund my money and still have not heard from them? It's been more than 4 days already.

I received email confirmation that issue has been logged. Why is it taking forever for them to get back to me?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by YSL5577
put complaint to air france to refund my money and still have not heard from them? It's been more than 4 days already.

I received email confirmation that issue has been logged. Why is it taking forever for them to get back to me?
although, I completely understand you want your money back rapidly, this timing is nothing abnormal and includes a week end. It is certainly not what I would call "taking forever". I'm afraid you gonna wait some more days.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
although, I completely understand you want your money back rapidly, this timing is nothing abnormal and includes a week end. It is certainly not what I would call "taking forever". I'm afraid you gonna wait some more days.
+1. I'd expect 2-3 weeks, other airlines can take much longer
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:51 am
Original Poster

I put complaint through air France fb page and did get reply back. Hoping they can resolve matter asap...surprised I was able to at least get reply back from their social media link with in few hours....lets wait and see?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I put complaint through air France fb page and did get reply back. Hoping they can resolve matter asap...surprised I was able to at least get reply back from their social media link with in few hours....lets wait and see?
They are usually pretty efficient, so please report back here the outcome.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:22 am
Original Poster

I filed form online and received no response, so I put comlaint aint on their Facebook and receieved reply back with 12hrs. Advised I would get refund back with in 30 days, which air france said it normally does not take this long.

I spent 1700 for premium economy class for round trip and paid extra $270 for an upgrade from cdg-del.

I know I will get full refund back for 270 and how much will I get back/difference for premium? My returning flight has not changed yet.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
My returning flight has not changed yet.
You just keep saying this in every single post since you started this thread. May I ask why ?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

It's been over a month and I still have not received my refund yet.

Does anyone know if I i can send an email to air france CEO about its poor customer service? I been calling them and they keep directing me to online...
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Does anyone know if I i can send an email to air france CEO about its poor customer service? I been calling them and they keep directing me to online...
I believe you are joking. When was your last interaction with AF regarding that matter and what was the substance of it?
In my recent experiences, they have been very quick in providing compensation/refunds.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by olivedel
In my recent experiences, they have been very quick in providing compensation/refunds.
Same for me (a few days). But to be honest, being platinum helps a lot for how long it takes.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Yesterday, the agent kept telling me to send another complaint online. I wanted to confirm what is the amount i will be getting? They don't have department that manages refunds for cancellation flights as what I was told.

This was delta employee and disconnected my call.

I've been having hard time and I know it shouldn't take this long.

Originally Posted by olivedel
I believe you are joking. When was your last interaction with AF regarding that matter and what was the substance of it?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

I'm not platinum member, but they should be quick as I did pay premium for this flight. I paid an extra 270 for upgrade...

I even booked flight on air france.com site...

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Same for me (a few days). But to be honest, being platinum helps a lot for how long it takes.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Yesterday, the agent kept telling me to send another complaint online. I wanted to confirm what is the amount i will be getting? They don't have department that manages refunds for cancellation flights as what I was told.

This was delta employee and disconnected my call.
OK...you obviously speak to DL because you are based in N.A., you have no choice. The problem is that they are close-to-totally incompetent about AF affairs.
By which channel did you make your 1st complaint ? With AF using the complaint form on their web site ? If yes, you should have received an acknowledgement of receipt after having sent the complaints. It contains a file ref that you need to use in any future correspondence about this complaint.
What the DL agent told you is completely wrong and has no sense : AF has a customer service that manages all complaints including refunds/compensations and I don't think you should make another complaint but you may send them a reminder using the file reference you have been given (if any).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.