Wiki Posts
Search

AF long Haul "seat selection not available on this flight"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB PFL
AF long Haul "seat selection not available on this flight"

checking online for tonite's 995, I wanted to see if any "better" seat was available. the website did not give me the option to see the cabin plan, issued the boarding pass with my originally selected seat and on the "Your Seat" section states: "seat selection not available.
went to the KLM's my trip, thinking maybe AF side had a bug, and this time I get "Thank you for booking an extra option. Unfortunately, we currently do not know the status of your request. Please check the status of your extra option(s) via My Trip later"...
flight seems far from full.
Not a huge deal, but anyone knows why? has this happened to you before? if so what happened when you checked in at the airport?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:01 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by africanfrog
checking online for tonite's 995, I wanted to see if any "better" seat was available. the website did not give me the option to see the cabin plan, issued the boarding pass with my originally selected seat and on the "Your Seat" section states: "seat selection not available.
went to the KLM's my trip, thinking maybe AF side had a bug, and this time I get "Thank you for booking an extra option. Unfortunately, we currently do not know the status of your request. Please check the status of your extra option(s) via My Trip later"...
flight seems far from full.
Not a huge deal, but anyone knows why? has this happened to you before? if so what happened when you checked in at the airport?
Had this happen in November (reported it on a thread). At the airport, they printed my BP with a seat assignment and since the cabin was full, I was unable to change.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:45 am
Original Poster

checked in at the airport.. no explanation given , plane 75% full, they moved me downstairs and say they blocked the row so I could lay down. fingers crossed!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
checked in at the airport.. no explanation given , plane 75% full, they moved me downstairs and say they blocked the row so I could lay down. fingers crossed!
Fingers crossed indeed, that would be very nice! Enjoy your trip!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:51 am
Original Poster

though not quite as comfy as the flight down in F last month, I have to admit having 4 seats made for a real good night sleep! ^
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
though not quite as comfy as the flight down in F last month, I have to admit having 4 seats made for a real good night sleep! ^
Excellent! ^
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:03 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
A nice agent blocked a row of three on the upper deck of a 747. A wonderful 9-hour ride indeed.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:17 am

Same issue as the OP... "Seat selectio not available for this flight..." when check-in is already available. I was able to select one of the "preferred" seats in the first few rows of Economy when I booked the flight, then the seatmap disappeared, as usual, 72 hours before the flight. Was waiting to change my seat to another empty one (plenty of open seats according to Expertflyer right before check-in started) but the error keeps appearing.

Flight is on DL stock, DL Codeshare, not sure if this has to do with it, but I've had many issues before with DL Codeshares, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the issue.

Update: Web support confirms it's because of the DL Codeshare+DL Ticket Stock. They contacted someone who has control over the flight (supposedly at CDG) and changed my seat manually.

Last edited by SDQBound; Jul 8, 2015 at 12:22 pm Reason: Updated
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:34 am

Am I the only one having this issue?

For the 5th time this year, I am unable to select a seat. I'm on AF006 tomorrow, Ticket was purchased on dl.com, and I was able to choose a seat during booking. Then, as previously happened, the seatmap disappeared and the same message I posted in the previous reply. Then, OLCI opens, and I get the message that seat selection is not available on this flight. Expertflyer shows J9W8Y9 and more than half of Business Class seats were shown empty before OLCI opened.

In the past, I've been told that it happened because of a DL ticket + DL codeshare flight, however, back in october, same thing happened on an AF-issued ticket, AF flights.

Something I noticed was that a few days ago, the seatmap on expertflyer started to show some random blocked seats in Business, including the one next to me.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
had the same problem with both KLM and AF

were looking for special EC seats, and no one could/would help. Tried KLM on twitter. They gave me ten different excuses...
DL Plat desk couldn't help.
If you don't book the seats you want at the start (using KLM/AF confirmation number on their respective sites) you are out of luck.
Am rebooking whatever I can to avoid KLM/AF completely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.