Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Need Help!

I initially booked AF 191 Flight from BLR -> CDG on May 14, 2015. This was a reward ticket that I booked on Delta. I was able to choose my seat for this part of my itinerary. However, now Delta can't select/confirm the seat for this specific part of my trip (total trip is USA -> India -> USA). Air France website doesn't even show a flight that is available that day. Anyone know what happened/what I should do?

Thanks!

Last edited by possib1edoc; Dec 10, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, CO Gold, AF
Since you booked with Delta, have you called them? They should be able to sort it out for you.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tpatta
Since you booked with Delta, have you called them? They should be able to sort it out for you.
I did call delta and they have no clue whats going on...when they asked AirFrance through their computer system they aren't getting a response back. This is the 4 or 5th itinerary change from Delta/AirFrance. My very first booking I did myself was supposed to go from BLR -> CDG on May 13th (not 14th).
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You are talking about six months from now, so flight schedule/equipment changes can take place. Furthermore, DL and AF systems do not communicate well.
To get back to your specific question, it appears that AF only operates 6 flights weekly in May. AF191 does not operate on Thursdays. I advise you to contact DL to change your cancelled flight to another day.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
You are talking about six months from now, so flight schedule/equipment changes can take place. Furthermore, DL and AF systems do not communicate well.
To get back to your specific question, it appears that AF only operates 6 flights weekly in May. AF191 does not operate on Thursdays. I advise you to contact DL to change your cancelled flight to another day.
I contacted Delta but they won't change it because in Delta's system it still shows AF191 still operates on Thursdays. No clue what to do.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL uses a different system. The BLR-CDG flight used not to operate on Wednesday but apparently this is changed to Thursday in the Summer schedule (starting 29 March). it is surprising that this is not yet updated in DL system but it will be.
You have the option to wait until it is, but some award seats might disappear in the meanwhile (some might be added too).
If your ticket is changeable with a modest fee, you could research what are convenient alternatives with award space and ask DL to make the change. That might cost a bit but would reduce stress.
Unfortunately such schedule changes are not uncommon several months ahead. It is likely that there will be other changes to the summer schedule. But I have not seen this one advertised, probably because it is minor (still 6 weekly) and recent.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

DL uses a different system. The BLR-CDG flight used not to operate on Wednesday but apparently this is changed to Thursday in the Summer schedule (starting 29 March). it is surprising that this is not yet updated in DL system but it will be.
You have the option to wait until it is, but some award seats might disappear in the meanwhile (some might be added too).
If your ticket is changeable with a modest fee, you could research what are convenient alternatives with award space and ask DL to make the change. That might cost a bit but would reduce stress.
Unfortunately such schedule changes are not uncommon several months ahead. It is likely that there will be other changes to the summer schedule. But I have not seen this one advertised, probably because it is minor (still 6 weekly) and recent.

I initially booked the award ticket for Wednesday return. Then they changed it to Thursday. Today, they are saying they don't fly on Thursday anymore and don't have any seats at all available for Wednesday. Delta also says they don't have any award seats for +/-4 days of my trip on the Air France return flight. My online itinerary looks so messed up.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, I feel sorry for you. Unfortunately this kind of problems do happen quite frequently nowadays on awards as many airlines adapt their schedules quite frequently.
Keep trying, there is still plenty of time and AF releases seats periodically.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Indeed, I feel sorry for you. Unfortunately this kind of problems do happen quite frequently nowadays on awards as many airlines adapt their schedules quite frequently.
Thanks for your help! Keep on trying haha
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Quick question: How can I find out which dates AF 191 will be operating on that time of the year. Now, AF/Delta have that flight available to purchase for May 13th but, they are saying that flight is due to be cancelled on Wednesday and Thursday.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.