Air France launches the most stupid idea of the year...

Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Kronvrak
AF has had this service for ages (well, at least since 2008) in Ouagadougou.
Downtown Nouméa also, although I don't know if it still exists since AF left the route to NRT to SB.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Too bad it's only for 3 days. I wish they could use it as a test and then make it permanent, but I doubt they have the resources and logistics to make it permanent.

I remember dropping my bag at Invalides a few months ago. Being able to check-in my luggage 3 blocks away from my place and sleeping an extra hour was priceless.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I recall using this service over 10 years ago with LH at FRA. I was spending the night at the Sheraton FRA and it just seemed a lot wiser to check my bag the night before when there were no lines. I think AF should make this a permanent feature.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Like others, I mostly hope that the only reason why it is so limited in terms of time and terminal is that it is a pilot and that an Invalides check in in particular could reopen permanently as in what I understand to have been the good old days.
I hope so too. It would be so nice to check-in at the Invalides Terminal, and then board the Air France coach to CDG.
They could even make it linked, like the train transfer in HKG, and transfer La Première passengers with Limousines...
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by enzo0511
Save time... by registering your luggage THE DAY BEFORE your flight AT THE AIRPORT

right back at you.
I can't count the number of times I would have found such a service to be useful in any number of cities, not just Paris.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Virgin & BA also offer this service at LGW the night before the long hauls the following morning. (twilight checkin) Lots of people connect from all over the UK and are required to spend a night at LGW before their flight... this way they can check in drop their bags and be all set for the following morning with just hand luggage and beat the queues. I too fail to see what is stupid about this apart from the OP not realising it is a popular service with many airlines already. and not everyone lives in the departure airport and spends the night before at a hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.