Done With AF

Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I wonder if it might have to do with the times? If you were connecting from HKG, the flights arrive extremely early (is it still 4.55?) and that is probably very empty for connections (when I arrived from NBO very early too it was very smooth). However peak arrival times 7-10am can be an unmitigated disaster... Then it calms down a bit again before the next hub peak etc.
Yes arrriving around 5am from HKG.
On the other leg to HKG, I landed around 4pm from ORY.
Both are probably good time slots.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
Perhaps it might be worth going via landside at those times.
I actually wondered that several times as you can then use the North fast track. However, the early part is also quite heavy both on immigration (sadly, the fact that French passports always seem to fail the automated gates can mean a longish queue!) and on London origin security which might make the time savings minimal. Around 9/10 though I think I might do exactly that and hope for the best.

I read somewhere that some people had managed passing security at T5B even if their connection was not from there, but I am unclear as this works as when I asked I was refused with the explanation that it is only for people with confirmed departure from T5B/C.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
sadly, the fact that French passports always seem to fail the automated gates can mean a longish queue!
My new one has been working fine but it is only a few months old.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
My new one has been working fine but it is only a few months old.
Good to know - maybe there is hope for my next one but it is not due for a little while unless it is again full before its time!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:17 pm

The new passport and Parafe are really in love with each other, it works fine, indeed. I must add that the long walk from 2E to 2F is very good for your heart, I read 10000 steps a day keep the doctor away.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AF-KL Flying Blue life Plat. Hertz Plat., Marriott & SPG Platinum.
I have had a new passport made because the old one would fail Parafe the times. The new one works perfectly. I also have Global Entry, so that makes my EU-US commutes painless as far as controls are concerned.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.