Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking a bike at ORY ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Parking a bike at ORY ?

Does anyone know where a bicycle can be parked in relative safety, from the morning until the evenning (same-day roundtrip), with easy access to the Orly West terminal ?

Also, of course Google Maps exists but independent advice on a bike-friendly itinerary between the south of Paris (Porte d'Orleans) and the terminal are welcome.

Last edited by albireo; Sep 18, 2014 at 7:16 am Reason: rz
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with any dedicated bike parking options at ORY, and I'm afraid that it is very bicycle unfriendly there. Perhaps you can park it (with lots of locks) where the motor bikes are parked on the arrivals level?

To find a route I recommend Strava. Their cycling heat map functionality is a great way to find popular routes.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
If you find a way to get there by bike, I second the motorcycle parking spaces on the -1 and -2 levels of the P0 parking structure (that's the one directly across the Ouest terminal). I never saw any dedicated bike parking anywhere at Orly.
As far as access -I don't know if the roadways within the airport itself are OK to use with bikes. That may not be allowed. The only viable access by bike would be coming in from the north (D136/Rue du Marechal Devaux).
I'd ask this question again in the Paris forum.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Many
Ask ADP on Twitter.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:22 am

Programs: Accor Le Club
Hello fellow cycler!
You can check this link for a suggested itinerary. There's also this video. Additionnaly, a Google search for "orly vélo" yields a surprising number of relevant results.

However, I don't think there is any dedicated parking for cycles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.