Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyCalamity @ ORY

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Unhappy SkyCalamity @ ORY

Trying to go through the fast lane at ORY to MAD was very challenging last Saturday.

1st step: trying to find the security check area (ORY is small but so confusing).
I was told at one security check area to go to another one ...where I was told to go back to the previous one (obviously the member of staff - when I asked: where to to MAD?- thought I wanted to check-in rather than passing through security check).

When arrived at the automatic machine, I scanned my electronic boarding card at the SkyPriority machine: it did not work (red light).
The lady from ADP: "oh, it is normal it does not work, you are SkyPriority!" (?!)
Then she scanned a little piece of paper which was supposed to open the door...but which did not work.

So finally she said: go to the other automatic door, which opened when I scanned my boarding pass...but closed immediately after.

I had to scan again my boarding pass (and was surprised to notice that obviously we can open a door twice with the same boarding pass), and finally the lady (charming, professional, and very confused about the situation) let me go through the "not so fast lane).

Last edited by nicolas75; Sep 8, 2014 at 4:43 am
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I (...) was surprised to notice that obviously we can open a door twice with the same boarding pass
Of course you can Basically your BP barcode holds very basic information : PAX name, flight, date, gate, cabin and a few other information. That's pretty much it and airport systems are just verifying that the flight exists and you're in the right path (in case of multiple terminals/boardin areas).
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Mokshu
Of course you can Basically your BP barcode holds very basic information : PAX name, flight, date, gate, cabin and a few other information. That's pretty much it and airport systems are just verifying that the flight exists and you're in the right path (in case of multiple terminals/boardin areas).
It should also contain your Sky Priority status. The QR code can contain 251 characters, that's plenty to add other info as well.

I leave from ORY at least 20 times a year. The boarding pass scanner for Sky Priority always worked for me, and I never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for the security check.

Btw. ORY is indeed confusing. And also not necessarily very pleasant. But once you know your way around, and you have sky priority, you never need more than 10 minutes from entering the building to the gate. (Hand luggage only). I usually arrive 30 minutes before flight departure. (But don't try this if you don't know where to go and what to do!)

Last edited by Zembla; Sep 8, 2014 at 1:26 am
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:09 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Trying to go through the fast lane at ORY to MAD was very challenging last Saturday.
UX flight?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by JOUY31
UX flight?
Yes. It can be tricky if you're not used to it. The checkin is quite far from the boarding area which is at the extreme east of the building.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Yes. It can be tricky if you're not used to it. The checkin is quite far from the boarding area which is at the extreme east of the building.
You mean Hall 4?
AFAIK, UX checkin is in Hall 3, so not very far...
I usually fly from/to ORY once a week.
Now that there is a lounge inside Hall 4, everything seems fine to me, except when my flight leaves from gate 30A...
However, UX BPs are known not to work well with automated doors, especially with SkyP.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can understand nicolas75's comment as, at some airports, systems keep track of who has gone through airside, will not allow duplicates and therefore will not let you get back a second time. I have experienced that at MAN on a (domestic) flight that was delayed. I went back landside for a while then tried to go back airside and the system beeped. The airport agent had to override to let me through (not without some moaning and groaning and telling me that I should not have gone back landside, though... ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.