AF email paid upgrade offers as a Delta FF

Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2 Million Miler, Marriott Platinum
AF email paid upgrade offers as a Delta FF

I am flying in about a week from ATL to CDG. I am a Delta Diamond traveling in Premium Voyager on an Air France ticket bought from Delta. Aside from adding my Email to the Air France record, is there anything else I need to do to make sure I receive an upgrade offer if one is there? Biz class looks half open at this time.

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:40 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I don't think AF sends the upgrade offer by email anymore (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong). Keep checking your reservation on af.com and if upgrades are offered and you are targeted, the upgrade offer will appear on your reservation. I've had it as a DL Silver.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2 Million Miler, Marriott Platinum
B7e7US, thanks for the update. Did it appear pre-check in time or only at T-24?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by B7e7US
I don't think AF sends the upgrade offer by email anymore (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong).
They still do, but it happens that no e-mail is received and the upgrade offer appears in MMB.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
I had a similar situation back on 12/31/13. I was flying CDG-ATL, in PV, on a DL codshare ticket purchased from DL. Business was half empty right up until the boarding door closed and I never received a cash upgrade offer, even on af.com. I was informed later that rarely, if ever, does AF offer cash upgrades if you bought your ticket from DL.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LNusb
B7e7US, thanks for the update. Did it appear pre-check in time or only at T-24?
A few days in advance.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
They still do, but it happens that no e-mail is received and the upgrade offer appears in MMB.
I'll admit that I do not know about the cumbersome "not quite an offer" AF used to send by email (in short it was an email to say that you could tell them if you would accept to pay x for an upgrade but it was not guaranteed that upgrade would be available so once you told them they would get back to you three days before the flight! In short, a completely ridiculous process), but as Goldorak has mentioned, some people now see it on MMB. In my recent cases, for both myself and others, there was no email and no MMB information (I check MMB regularly enough!) but the possibility to choose the upgrade seats at OLCI. I personally don't think it makes a difference whether a ticket was booked as AF or codeshare number for OLCI offer purposes.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I've flown JFK-CDG and/or JFK-CDG-XXX in PV a few times a year for the last few years. Once I was op-upped from PV to Affaires but have never received a buy-up offer. I'm GM on DL, if that matters and book through DL.com.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.