Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF99 Meal service on late evening departure

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

AF99 Meal service on late evening departure

We are booked on AF #99 MIA to CDG in Business. The flight departs at 8:40 pm and our itinerary indicates "no meal service". Is that accurate? No late evening snack? No breakfast?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Of course, this is wrong. You'll have dinner and breakfast.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
+1 to Goldorak. Moreover, while Northeast US/East Canada evening departure flights include a "simplified" dinner service to maximise sleep time, from Miami it will be the full dinner sequence (aperitif with amuse-bouche, starter, choice of 3 mains, cheese and dessert, digestive drinks, coffee, tea).
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Thank you! I certainly won't go hungry in Paris , but good to know I won't on the flight over as well!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by orbitmic
+1 to Goldorak. Moreover, while Northeast US/East Canada evening departure flights include a "simplified" dinner service to maximise sleep time, from Miami it will be the full dinner sequence (aperitif with amuse-bouche, starter, choice of 3 mains, cheese and dessert, digestive drinks, coffee, tea).
There was another thread discussing the abbreviated meal service but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, wanted to add to the knowledge base that AF39, the 1615 IAD-CDG departure, does indeed get the FULL dinner service, similar to the ATL and MIA departures. Salmon amuse-bouche and lobster starter were actually quite good on our recent flight.

Also, J amenities now include a much nicer pillowcase and duvet than what I remember from earlier this year, slippers and shoe bag, and a new amenity kit akin to those in the 777 new-J publicity materials. Much nicer IMO than the 80 Ans kits they had previously. Not sure when these changes happened - the previous time I had been in AF J was in February, I believe.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by gooselee
Anyway, wanted to add to the knowledge base that AF39, the 1615 IAD-CDG departure, does indeed get the FULL dinner service, similar to the ATL and MIA departures. Salmon amuse-bouche and lobster starter were actually quite good on our recent flight.
Indeed the abbreviated service is only for evening departure where AF expect most passengers to prefer to maximise sleep.

Good news re-soft product! I think it is great that AF has become one of the first European airlines to offer slippers in J, something that many Asian passengers in particular were apparently very disappointed not to get. Personally, I find that the improved duvet and pillow and toiletry bag (I hope contents and not just "shell") also sound very good!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Good news re-soft product! I think it is great that AF has become one of the first European airlines to offer slippers in J, something that many Asian passengers in particular were apparently very disappointed not to get. Personally, I find that the improved duvet and pillow and toiletry bag (I hope contents and not just "shell") also sound very good!
Indeed AF was, until recently, offering slippers in J only on flights to Japan. It's very good that this has been extended to all flights.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I was pleasantly surprised. Amenity kit - I have already repurposed the bag for carrying some trinkets we purchased, but from memory it contained at least:
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- shoe horn
- comb
- Clairns hand lotion
- mouthwash
- eye mask
- lip balm
- ear plugs
- card indicating that a razor and pen is available from FA upon request

I'll try to dig through my bag and see if there was anything else that I'm forgetting about, but in general it was a change for the better IMO.

They had at least three different colored amenity kits I saw - red, blue, and tan. They were not gender specific or different other than the color - I selected blue and Mrs. Lee selected tan, both had the same contents.

Slippers came in a separate sealed bag left on the seat with the pillow and blanket, and also included the usual socks and headphone covers (and shoe bag).

Last edited by gooselee; Aug 3, 2014 at 1:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.