Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG 2E Business lounge closed for 2 months

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
Hello from a "garden chair".

I had an 11pm departure from the K gates. This place is a disgrace (except for the lovely view across the landing strips).

I understand renovations can be necessary. The space isn't the problem, though - it's pleasant. It's the things Air France could fix.

The only hot food are "mini" versions of pot noodles. The only alcohol is mysterious red wine and Heineken. They could not lend me a phone charger or plug adaptor but it's ok, as there are no power points. No apologies and no signs on how to get there. As noted before, coffee is Nescafé and I also had a pot of fruit from economy catering.

Given biz ticket prices, this airline should be ashamed but I guess they're beyond that point. I'll stick to BA, which sometimes stumbles but is prompt to apologise when this happens.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by asar
As noted before, coffee is Nescafé
That definitely is a red card!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:22 am

Sounds about right, I've just booked a Uk- Dubai -Uk return in Business, out via Amsterdam, back via Paris, and have to say I'm looking forward to the KL legs far more than the AF returns !
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
The temporary lounge is pretty bad. The lounge agents at both K as well as M yesterday were fairly embarrassed by the set up.

I had no problem asking for access to a lounge in L or M (I chose M). The agent in K wrote a note on my boarding pass that would allow me to get into M. That said, it was not smooth...there is no clear way to exit K (or M) once you are through security. A security officer told me that I could get out of K going through reverse via lane 1 (meaning go through the metal detector in the opposite direction). Out of M, also go all the way to the right (which has double access doors). Easy to exit, but it took awhile to figure out how to get back to the train.

At M security, I initially had an issue getting access, but another security person came over and was familiar with the issue of people wanting to get away from the K lounge.

So you can access the other lounges, but you'll have to reenter security at each pier, so allow enough time for that.

Re: flights leaving from CDG to the US, they can leave from any pier, as they were yesterday, e.g. I left from K, the DL flight to JFK left from M, etc.
According to goldorak, my CDG-IAH should be out of L or M since check in is at 2F, so I'm hoping my own 5 hour layover will be in lounge comfort. However, I do have a question, if one's inbound flight arrives in, say, L, can one simply beg to STAY in L before being channeled to K if that's the outbound gate? I know arrivals are sent along a path out of the gate, but given the re entry possibility, perhaps they'd allow this? Is it even physically possible?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Will be flying SFO-CDG-ATH-CDG-SFO (all on AF metals) in August. Would someone please let me know if I will be affected by this closure?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
CDG-SFO is a risk for no real lounge, depending on what gate is assigned to the flight that day. The USA flights can leave from K, L, or M.

For your inbound flight to ATH, you'll need to go through immigration and change to the schengen terminal, so you would use the lounge there.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
Will be flying SFO-CDG-ATH-CDG-SFO (all on AF metals) in August. Would someone please let me know if I will be affected by this closure?
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
CDG-SFO is a risk for no real lounge, depending on what gate is assigned to the flight that day. The USA flights can leave from K, L, or M.
If you are on the A380 flight, then you're OK as it will leave from L Or M gates.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:23 pm

Is this the only pic anywhere of the garden lounge ?

Don't fancy 3 hours in one of those seats.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Hi,

I'm flying to YYZ on Aug 4, does any one know if any of the lounges in 2E have showers?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
CDG 2E Business lounge closed for 2 months

The ones in the L and M concourses have showers. The one in K as well, but that is the one that is currently closed for renovation. As far as I understand you're allowed to use the L and M lounges even if flying from K during the renovation works.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Airframe
Don't fancy 3 hours in one of those seats.
These FermobŪ chairs actually are quite comfortable.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by bodory
These FermobŪ chairs actually are quite comfortable.
I have had the misfortune of three visits to the K Summer Gardens. And whilst the overall setup is rather pathetic (a couple of plastic containers with stale chocolate danish, leftover crumbles at a spot they claim has seen some lemon cake before, some stale savoury stuff, warm drinks, plastic cutlery, all in a state of mess and not looked after) the chairs were actually fine. Surely not for 3 hours, but OK for 20 or 30 minutes. Sure, it'd be even better with a seat cushion, but they're ok.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you are on the A380 flight, then you're OK as it will leave from L Or M gates.
The return is going to be on a 777. What about CDG-ATH?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:19 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
The return is going to be on a 777. What about CDG-ATH?
CDG-ATH leaves from 2F, the terminal for Schengen departures; it is therefore not impacted by the closing of the lounge in 2E.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:10 pm

Thanks for the info.

Assuming my flight lands on pier L or M (arrival via a A380), what is the best way to go to 2F? Shuttle? Bus? Walking? Do I even get to choose?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.