Wiki Posts
Search

CDG 2E Business lounge closed for 2 months

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Roof gardens? Sounds great if it rains! Could they not provide some voucher or similar during the period? Or access to some form of showers as some people will be transiting between two long hauls?
A form of shower will be provided - weather permitting
Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by freretuc
Hi,

The upper level of 2E-K lounge (old P lounge) has been partially refurbished in last quarter of 2013. They changed some tables and chair and the complete food & drinks area.
I guess they will do the same for the 2 others areas at lower level.
This is not correct. The mezzanine (ex-P lounge), which was the best part of the K lounge, has been enlarged. and now includes a bar, a food/drink area (as downstairs) and additional seating. Those parts are new, with of course new furnitures. But the already existing part of the mezzanine and the furniture of this part have not been changed.
They did a really nice job with this mezzanine enlargement. It's still the best place of the lounge. Not crowded and quiet and no need anymore to go downstairs to have some food.

As reported by Jouy31, the lounge closure is for kitchen modifications to be able to propose warm food, as in the M lounge. So it's likely not for lounge furniture refurbishment (although of course they will likely take this opportunity to fix some problems)
Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by irishguy28
A form of shower will be provided - weather permitting
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
T

As reported by Jouy31, the lounge closure is for kitchen modifications to be able to propose warm food, as in the M lounge. So it's likely not for lounge furniture refurbishment (although of course they will likely take this opportunity to fix some problems)
Good news. That was badly lacking.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Just in case they ever read this..

PLEASE ADD POWER POINTS
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
WoW, good news.

This is a REAL good new, the hot meal in the 2E-M is a big plus, I always take the bus/shuttle to go to this one (also more comfortable). Now, I will stay in K (when the new lounge is open).
Only wish they will do the same with the L terminal.
Compare with the poor "snack" offer in Delta terminal (this include the MAIN Atlanta Hub of Delta).
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Indeed probably good news, especially if they take inspiration in the much better M lounge !
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FBplatinum
This is a REAL good new, the hot meal in the 2E-M is a big plus, I always take the bus/shuttle to go to this one (also more comfortable). Now, I will stay in K (when the new lounge is open).
Do you mean that they let you go through security in M and enter the M lounge without a BP for a flight departing from M ?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:29 pm

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Greetings from the "salon ephemere"

July 1st in the morning and they are keeping to their schedule.

Not their promises...

This place is awful!

At the end of the K piers, it is the old seating area by the big windows with astro-turf and metal garden furniture (sore on the backside), very few tables, no tv, no powerpoints, nothing!

Refreshments are two fridges with cans odf soft drinks and a bench with croissants and the (always delicious) cake. The worst, no coffee machine, stacks of the short haul economy nescafe cups and a few thermos flasks of hot water...

Also, I had forgotten about the closure (it is 7am after all), and when i got to the old lounge there was zero signage, just a barrier across the stairs, lifts were still working, and a locked lounge door - luckily thanks to ft I knew it was coming a and figured out where to go. i guess they will put signage soon

When I arrived, the pleasant welcoming dragon did mention that for long connections they would be able to work something out for access to the L lounge, so there is some hope.....
Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm really upset about this. I've got my family of five traveling business class out of CDG next week to JNB, then back JNB-CDG-IAH later in the month. Got else tix last Sept. I was counting on the lounge as we have 3-5 hour connections. It sounds like just one of the 2E lounges is closed but that there are others??? Is that right? If so, does anyone know which gates we will be using for Cdg-jnb and back? When I get Business class tix, with dollars or points, I really feel like the lounge is part of what I'm paying for. Of course, closures are par for the course, but it seems to me that they should offer a closely equivalent alternative.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jsfr
Greetings from the "salon ephemere"

July 1st in the morning and they are keeping to their schedule.

Not their promises...

This place is awful!

At the end of the K piers, it is the old seating area by the big windows with astro-turf and metal garden furniture (sore on the backside), very few tables, no tv, no powerpoints, nothing!

Refreshments are two fridges with cans odf soft drinks and a bench with croissants and the (always
delicious) cake. The worst, no coffee machine, stacks of the short haul economy nescafe cups and a few thermos flasks of hot water...

Also, I had forgotten about the closure (it is 7am after all), and when i got to the old lounge there was zero signage, just a barrier across the stairs, lifts were still working, and a locked lounge door - luckily thanks to ft I knew it was coming a and figured out where to go. i guess they will put signage soon

When I arrived, the pleasant welcoming dragon did mention that for long connections they would be able to work something out for access to the L lounge, so there is some hope.....
I didn't see any lounge arrangement near the K gates that DL flights used today. The sign pointed to
a lounge on the other side of the K area which I didn't try to use as I didn't have much time.

OTOH my DL flight into CDG last week arrived at an M gate, so maybe DL usually uses the M gates, although I didn't see any indication of IROPs or a late inbound flight. This was in the morning so M should have been open.

I can't check easily as CDG flights on the DL flight status indicator don't show gate assignments at CDG, not for arrival nor departure.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I'm really upset about this. I've got my family of five traveling business class out of CDG next week to JNB, then back JNB-CDG-IAH later in the month. Got else tix last Sept. I was counting on the lounge as we have 3-5 hour connections. It sounds like just one of the 2E lounges is closed but that there are others??? Is that right? If so, does anyone know which gates we will be using for Cdg-jnb and back? When I get Business class tix, with dollars or points, I really feel like the lounge is part of what I'm paying for. Of course, closures are par for the course, but it seems to me that they should offer a closely equivalent alternative.
Relax
JNB being served with an A380 and at a late time of the day, you'll leave from L concourse (because no A380-capable gates at K; and M concourse closes at 2 pm). So you're not concerned by the temporary closure of the K lounge
Old Jul 3, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Relax
JNB being served with an A380 and at a late time of the day, you'll leave from L concourse (because no A380-capable gates at K; and M concourse closes at 2 pm). So you're not concerned by the temporary closure of the K lounge
I feel like you're my travel therapist, goldorak! I've clearly planned to within an inch of my sanity. Spending a month in nonstop proximity of my kids means any little deviation sends me into paroxysms of panic. But after some cocktails and reading your post, I'm relaxed. Even figured out that return flight will prob be M. Thank you!
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I feel like you're my travel therapist, goldorak!
At least this therapy costs nothing to social security !

Even figured out that return flight will prob be M.
I don't want to increase your blood pressure but there's no way you can know this in advance. But I will cross my fingers for you
Old Jul 4, 2014, 3:19 am

At least this therapy costs nothing to social security !

I don't want to increase your blood pressure but there's no way you can know this in advance. But I will cross my fingers for you
LOL. That's okay. I didn't realize they changed the gates each day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.