Wiki Posts
Search

AF Lounge at SFO Moving

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
AF Lounge at SFO Moving

Was at SFO last week and was told the current lounge will be closed soon - and deservedly so !!! Air France will be taking over the Delta lounge which is on the ground level to the left of security. It's a much bigger and nicer lounge... Hope it stays that way...
Old May 14, 2014, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Braniff
Was at SFO last week and was told the current lounge will be closed soon - and deservedly so !!! Air France will be taking over the Delta lounge which is on the ground level to the left of security. It's a much bigger and nicer lounge... Hope it stays that way...
The DL lounge is indeed a bit bigger (AF was small enough that passengers on the KL flight are regularly asked not to use the AF lounge but go to the DL one instead) and nicer in design, but I wonder where DL will go then?? Are they moving terminal??
Old May 14, 2014, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
AF Lounge at SFO Moving

...was there an earthquake?...

Old May 14, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
DL stopped flying SFO-NRT recently, so no longer needs a lounge in the international terminal at SFO. Meanwhile, with construction of the new control tower between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, DL's getting a new domestic SkyClub--airside, thankfully.

Only been to the DL club in the international terminal once, which was indeed pretty good sized. It harkens back to pre-merger NW and has some of that styling. I suspect AF will remodel to give it a fresh modern French look.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Has this move happened? Anyone know the status of this? Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I don't know the status of the AF lounge, but DL just opened a new SkyClub lounge in terminal 1, twice as large as the previous one. So I'm guessing that if DL just left their former lounge, the transformation of the former one in an AF lounge will start soon.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I don't know the status of the AF lounge, but DL just opened a new SkyClub lounge in terminal 1, twice as large as the previous one. So I'm guessing that if DL just left their former lounge, the transformation of the former one in an AF lounge will start soon.
No, that's unrelated. DL abandoned its international terminal lounge 2 years ago when it stopped flying SFO-NRT. This is the space that AF wishes to use.

DL's new lounge (and recently closed lounge) are in domestic terminal 1. The recently closed lounge is being converted to a military lounge (USO).
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by kjnangre
No, that's unrelated. DL abandoned its international terminal lounge 2 years ago when it stopped flying SFO-NRT. This is the space that AF wishes to use.

DL's new lounge (and recently closed lounge) are in domestic terminal 1. The recently closed lounge is being converted to a military lounge (USO).
Thanks !
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: DM/3MM
And AF passengers (flying out of SFO on AF) can't access the new DL SkyClub because you can't access this lounge to/from the int'l terminal airside. It's far anyways from the int'l terminal, but it would have been an option for AF pax.

There is a "plan" to eventually connect many of the terminals airside (I think 1 and 2 are now connected), but that is many years away.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeReview.com
Also, the Air France lounge at San Francisco airport is one of the airline’s sadder locations – the facility still sports the look (and furniture) of the defunct Northwest Airlines lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.