Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK lounge closed for ten weeks starting May 2nd

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Zalmistinks
Thank you! Actually, if you are have a few moments to read my brief review of the JFK lounge in this thread I ended up cancelling my AF ticket and switching to LH so I did not get to experience the CDG P service at all.
You should email or tweet about your experience.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Scott218
AF just inaugurated the JFK lounge.
http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...ew-york-jfk-1/
reading a few of the above posts, you could see that the lounge was already reopened a month ago.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
reading a few of the above posts, you could see that the lounge was already reopened a month ago.
Yes, but if you click through, the post on the AF website is dated December 8th, so maybe that was the formal inauguration.

I'll be there in two weeks and am looking forward to it (as well as another ride on the A380).
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:01 am

Exclamation Shower needs update

Had to fly AF again and was reminded again how poor this "new" lounge compares to the competition. The shower facilities are still disgusting and should be refurbished immediately, how can the lounge manager or other staff not be embarrassed by this?

I saw another recent post about this on the LH forum as their lounge is being updated and passengers sent to the AF lounge in the interim.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Had to fly AF again and was reminded again how poor this "new" lounge compares to the competition. The shower facilities are still disgusting and should be refurbished immediately, how can the lounge manager or other staff not be embarrassed by this?
Interesting. Do you hve pictures to share with us? I have never had the chance to use shower facilities at JFK.
But frankly, globally speaking, even the older lounge was not amongst the worse at JFK T1. Thinking about JL or AZ... I have never visited the LH one though.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by olivedel
Interesting. Do you hve pictures to share with us? I have never had the chance to use shower facilities at JFK.
But frankly, globally speaking, even the older lounge was not amongst the worse at JFK T1. Thinking about JL or AZ... I have never visited the LH one though.
It's been a while but at the LH lounge there is a dedicated section for First Class pax and HONs which is the same as the FCLs/FCT in Frankfurt and Munich (in terms of design, amenities, including the a-la-carte-restaurant). Less sure about the "normal" SEN lounge, but I guess it is just that, a normal SEN lounge
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:54 pm

I strongly suggest the AF managers visit the BA, LH, VS, AA, and even DL lounge offerings at JFK - all have better shower rooms and the BA CCR, LH FCL, and VS lounges offer amenities that, on most levels, are on par with La Premiere at CDG.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
VS lounges offer amenities that, on most levels, are on par with La Premiere at CDG.
LOL.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:41 am

LOL.
Have you been to the BA CCR, VS CH, or LH FCL at JFK to compare to the "new" AF lounge at JFK? While having a totally different ambiance to the P lounge at CDG these three, including the VS clubhouse have highly attentive staff, a wide range of beverage selection, the VS lounge also has a Bumble and Bumble spa including hair salon as well as spa showers and while admittedly not to my taste quite a few different comfortable seating and dining areas... I would argue that the BA CCR at JFK rivals the P lounge at CDG. My point is that these are all lounges at an outstation and given the competition and the more than 10 weeks AF took to reopen the lounge at JFK it is woeful compared to the competition at the same airport which is a pity as AF in the new P is a great product.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:18 am

Have you been to the BA CCR, VS CH, or LH FCL at JFK to compare to the "new" AF lounge at JFK?
I have not compared the new AF lounge at JFK with any of the others you mentionned. I just quoted you comparing VS clubhouses with AF La Première lounge at CDG. I have used both, and as long as VS Clubhouses are indeed very good, they do not measure up to the P lounge of CDG, in terms of food at least, and in terms of ground services too.

I personally have not tried any F class service out of JFK (besides opups at the gate, so no ground experience).
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:32 am

I have not compared the new AF lounge at JFK with any of the others you mentionned. I just quoted you comparing VS clubhouses with AF La Première lounge at CDG. I have used both, and as long as VS Clubhouses are indeed very good, they do not measure up to the P lounge of CDG, in terms of food at least, and in terms of ground services too.

I personally have not tried any F class service out of JFK (besides opups at the gate, so no ground experience).

Absolutely agree with you in terms of ground services/car transfer at P CDG, I was making a general point about the amenities available at the VS lounge at JFK (as well as the other mentioned lounges) and they are pretty strong, in some ways comparable to the P lounge at CDG. I wish the AF team had really put some effort into the JFK lounge, it seems quite weak.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

In terms of First Class lounges I just know the BA CCR, the LH First/HON lounge and the LX First/HON lounges at JFK, as well as the AF P lounge in Paris (I have not been to the new Air France JFK lounge). I won't comment on the old DL lounges in T3 (if Lampedusa was an airline lounge...)

So I can put the comparison in perspective for you: the Lufthansa and BA lounges are smaller, but otherwise identical to the CCR/First lounges at their respective hubs. Swiss as well in terms of design, but the food offering is below the First/HON lounge in Zurich, but still it has an a-la-carte dining experience.

There lies the difference: BA, LH and LX have taken to JFK smaller versions of their flagship lounges. As far as I understand AF has not done that but built something lesser than the P lounge in Paris.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.