Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

New "La Première Suite" will be revealed to the public on May 7th, 2014 [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "La Première Suite" will be revealed to the public on May 7th, 2014 [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jacob_m
Last week I also got to try the VIP service available for departing La Première passengers at Schiphol. And what a wonderful service!

A quick e-mail to the La Première helpdesk in NL and an hour later I got a reply a booking had been made for the VIP Center, the same facilities used by e.g. the Dutch royal family.

It was a bit tricky to find when arriving at the railway station but once there everything was really top-notch, a flawless experience. A lounge assistent opened the very discreet door in the departure hall, took care of my suitcase and then showed me to a private VIP-room with sofas, TV and a work desk with newspapers where there were also some snacks waiting. She asked me if I wanted anything to drink and arranged an espresso and a glass of white wine from the bar. There was also a menu with plenty of dishes to order, but I was not very hungry. It was very quiet around christmas and I basically had the entire VIP center to myself.

The check-in process was taken care of by a lovely woman from KLM Special Services who arrived a few minutes later to introduce herself and get all the travel documents and who later drove me from the lounge to the plane 25 minuter before departure, opening up a dedicated security checkpoint on the ground floor just for me. I was the very last person to board the aircraft, the doors were closed two minutes later.

These kind of special arrangements is one of the main reasons why I absolutely love La Première. Basically no other airline does this (Garuda and Lufthansa to some extent, but that's about it).
Good to know that the P services from AMS are top notch. Useful infos for a future trip (paging Olivedel )
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Good to know that the P services from AMS are top notch. Useful infos for a future trip (paging Olivedel )
Not sure AMS is the cheapest point of origin to start a P trip though
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bodory
Unfortunately yes and it's definitely a problem
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by jacob_m
Last week I also got to try the VIP service available for departing La Première passengers at Schiphol. And what a wonderful service!

A quick e-mail to the La Première helpdesk in NL and an hour later I got a reply a booking had been made for the VIP Center, the same facilities used by e.g. the Dutch royal family.

It was a bit tricky to find when arriving at the railway station but once there everything was really top-notch, a flawless experience. A lounge assistent opened the very discreet door in the departure hall, took care of my suitcase and then showed me to a private VIP-room with sofas, TV and a work desk with newspapers where there were also some snacks waiting. She asked me if I wanted anything to drink and arranged an espresso and a glass of white wine from the bar. There was also a menu with plenty of dishes to order, but I was not very hungry. It was very quiet around christmas and I basically had the entire VIP center to myself.

The check-in process was taken care of by a lovely woman from KLM Special Services who arrived a few minutes later to introduce herself and get all the travel documents and who later drove me from the lounge to the plane 25 minuter before departure, opening up a dedicated security checkpoint on the ground floor just for me. I was the very last person to board the aircraft, the doors were closed two minutes later.

These kind of special arrangements is one of the main dreasons why I absolutely love La Première. Basically no other airline does this (Garuda and Lufthansa to some extent, but that's about it).
Dublin airport offer something similar for euro 160. (regardless of airline / class of service)
Singapore as well.
LHR as well
Etc etc
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Dublin airport offer something similar for euro 160. (regardless of airline / class of service)
Singapore as well.
LHR as well
Etc etc
Absolutely, and you can book it yourself at Schiphol as well, the rate is 285 euro.

But what I really liked was that KLM had an active involvement in the experience, it was their special services department who took care of check-in, coordinated with the gate staff and drove the limo to the aircraft, not the VIP Center. It made quite a difference rather than having everything taken care of by a third party.

All-in-all a really nice way to start the trip, especially in combination with the La Premiere ground service/lounge at CDG. And the KLM crew AMS-CDG were really on their toes, a shame the flight was only 45 mins.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by bodory
The trip may begin, for example, in Germany with a transfer in AMS to CDG...
Probably the cheapest european country to fly P.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Excited to be try the new La Première Suite in June. I'm leaning towards IAH and the two row 77W configuration vs. JFK and the single row.
Is there any reason I'm missing to fly the A380 with the old seats?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
I'm leaning towards IAH and the two row 77W configuration vs. JFK and the single row. Is there any reason I'm missing to fly the A380 with the old seats?
I might have missed something but i thought all planes with the new La Premiere config would be single row in P?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by joyu12
I might have missed something but i thought all planes with the new La Premiere config would be single row in P?
That is also my impression, and by the way I did not think that IAH would be among the destinations that will be fitted by June.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
That is also my impression, and by the way I did not think that IAH would be among the destinations that will be fitted by June.
I may have been confused by the EF seat map which shows two rows in June even though IAH is supposed to be converted by March.
AF 777 retrofit schedule
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SFO777
even though IAH is supposed to be converted by March.
Ah sorry I didn't remember it!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

you are correct.
If 1 row of P in a B772, it's the "old" P. No B772 will get the new P
If 2 rows of P in a B77W, it's the "old" P
If 1 row of P in a B77W, it's the new P.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
There is a series of new videos of the new La Premiere cabin on AF's corporate website:

including how these seats are installed:
http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...alatial-suite/

a somewhat strange promo event in Singapore
http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...-in-singapore/

and the main press release:
http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...signer-suites/
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
you are correct.
If 1 row of P in a B772, it's the "old" P. No B772 will get the new P
If 2 rows of P in a B77W, it's the "old" P
If 1 row of P in a B77W, it's the new P.
Thanks Goldorak for the helpful summary.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Are the new seats currently featured on the JFK 777s?

Also, arriving in P at JFK with a connection to BOS, (as part of the ticket,) can I expect any ground services there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.