Wiki Posts
Search

Buy lounge access at CDG?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Buy lounge access at CDG?

I have an upcoming layover at CDG for 5 hours between an AC and AF flight. The AF flight is in Y to RNS. Is it possible to buy lounge access to the AF lounge?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by D582
I have an upcoming layover at CDG for 5 hours between an AC and AF flight. The AF flight is in Y to RNS. Is it possible to buy lounge access to the AF lounge?
Only if you are Flying Blue silver I think, but not otherwise. I believe RNS flights leave from terminal 2G where even if you are silver, the fee of €35 would be absolutely not worth it as this is a "patio lounge" which could be better described as "lounge minus" (you would also be entitled - this time for free - if you are on a full fare premium eco ticket, booked in class A, W, or S).
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Only if you are Flying Blue silver I think, but not otherwise. I believe RNS flights leave from terminal 2G where even if you are silver, the fee of €35 would be absolutely not worth it as this is a "patio lounge" which could be better described as "lounge minus" (you would also be entitled - this time for free - if you are on a full fare premium eco ticket, booked in class A, W, or S).
Perfect description of the situation. Do not spend a single cent to buy an access to 2G lounge.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:29 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Do not spend a single cent to buy an access to 2G lounge.
In any case, entry into the 2G lounge is not available for purchase.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: Many
Isn't that the case for every Patio (as opposed to lounge)?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:36 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/common..._airfrance.htm

** List of lounges with entry fees:
- Europe: Amsterdam, Berlin, Frankfurt, Geneva, Lisbon, Manchester, Milan, Munich, Paris-Charles de Gaulle (except La Première / First lounge and Terminal 2G lounge), Stuttgart and Zurich.
- North America (AIR FRANCE/KLM/Delta): Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Montreal, New York-JFK, San Francisco, Toronto, Washington, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Tampa, Dallas, Raleigh, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Seattle, Fort Lauderdale, Minneapolis, Portland, Detroit, West Palm Beach, Memphis, Milwaukee, Boston and New York-La Guardia.
- South America (Air France lounges): Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo.
- Asia-Pacific (Air France and Delta lounges): Tokyo and Honolulu.
- Africa (Air France): Douala and Johannesburg.
- Middle East (AIR FRANCE and KLM lounges): Dubai.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Thanks everyone... I appreciate the advice. Any suggestions on how to spend the 5 hours? Day room at a an airport hotel? (Don't want to go into the city itself as it's not much time and I'm there often enough as it is).
Old May 6, 2014, 2:06 am

So what did you end up doing D582? I am almost in the exact situation (5 hrs @ CDG and trying not to pay 179 euros for a day room at Sheraton). The other option is to get a Priority Pass membership and go to a lounge for 27 USD.

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd just bump this one. Sorry if this is against the rules or frowned upon, etc.
Old May 13, 2014, 2:19 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yyz395
So what did you end up doing D582? I am almost in the exact situation (5 hrs @ CDG and trying not to pay 179 euros for a day room at Sheraton). The other option is to get a Priority Pass membership and go to a lounge for 27 USD.

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd just bump this one. Sorry if this is against the rules or frowned upon, etc.
The Priority Pass option will not work if you're flying AF. There are no Priority Pass lounges in Terminals 2E-2F-2G, and you will not be able to access the ones at Terminal 2AC unless you have a departing flight from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.