Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Plus now also on short and medium haul

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Indeed; but everyone else either has to pay upfront, or wait until OLCI.
The thread is about what AF calls short and medium haul.

AF policy was no seat pre-assignment in Y. It seems that AF introduces paid assignment for "good" seats. This has been criticized in this thread as a way to reduce benefits to elite+. Indeed, elite+ could not pre-assign seats at booking but could select seats in the front of the plane at OLCI.
BA policy for domestic/European flights is different. Their elite+ can pre-assign any Y seat at time of booking. I don't think that anyone pays for seat assignment (this is a feature of longhaul only).
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by brunos
BA policy for domestic/European flights is different. Their elite+ can pre-assign any Y seat at time of booking. I don't think that anyone pays for seat assignment (this is a feature of longhaul only).
No on BA it's exactly the same on short haul. Anyone can pre-assign a seat for a fee. OT, but unfortunately, those paid-assignment even take precedence over (pre-existing) Gold pre-assignments in case of configuration change as I annoyingly discovered some months ago
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry Irishguy28 and Orbitmic. I have always been Gold/silver and never realized that anyone could pick a seat on ORY-LHR for EUR 10(Y) or 18(C).
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Sorry Irishguy28 and Orbitmic. I have always been Gold/silver and never realized that anyone could pick a seat on ORY-LHR for EUR 10(Y) or 18(C).
Which IMHO is a waste of money on BA, is a waste of money on KL, and will be an equal waste of money on AF...
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is somewhat different, but I am quite happy to be able to pay for an assigned seat in the front of the plane on easyjet. No hassle/stress and certainty to be among the first pax to disembark rather than at the back of the plane. In percentage terms, it is a significant portion of the total ticket cost, but for a few euros I truly enjoy it
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:54 pm

It is somewhat different, but I am quite happy to be able to pay for an assigned seat in the front of the plane on easyjet. No hassle/stress and certainty to be among the first pax to disembark rather than at the back of the plane. In percentage terms, it is a significant portion of the total ticket cost, but for a few euros I truly enjoy it
I agree with you. But I guess the main difference is that on U2, you get a "random" seat otherwise, while on BA you'll be able to choose at OLCI anyway.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
I do agree on this. I've been quite happy so far with EasyJet automatic seat assignment (no middle seat after ~12 flights), whereas with Air France i've always been assigned a seat at the back of the plane. EasyJet boards/unboards using front/back doors. Air France does not.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Indeed; but everyone else either has to pay upfront, or wait until OLCI.
Or buy a full fare ticket.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: Many
Business only unless I am mistaken.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by bodory
They also, as usual, add a complicated thing that will obvioulsy lead to IT bugs :
See? IT bugs already.
It works like a charm indeed :

Why only 4 Seat Plus available and not 6 on this A319? The window seats on row 10 are then free for all.

Next step is the famous "That is not an IT bug" picture (I am Plat and then paid 0 EUR if that matters) :

A first call to Elite Line kindly asking for 10D confirms I have the so coveted seat. One minute later I receive the BP : 12D

A second call to Elite Line informs me that cannot access the OLCI system for that flight.

Wonderful !
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:21 am

It works like a charm indeed :

Why only 4 Seat Plus available and not 6 on this A319? The window seats on row 10 are then free for all.

Next step is the famous "That is not an IT bug" picture (I am Plat and then paid 0 EUR if that matters) :

A first call to Elite Line kindly asking for 10D confirms I have the so coveted seat. One minute later I receive the BP : 12D

A second call to Elite Line informs me that cannot access the OLCI system for that flight.

Wonderful !
It looks like they just imported the KL way. Quick question. It mentions another seat in your 'upgraded cabin'. Were you actually upgraded??
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:17 pm

No : I have an Y (B fare) ticket and the flight seems wide open in Y, W and C. The message is simply inconsistent.

By the way, if I try the same on the KL website, all Seat Plus appear to be taken.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:05 am

By the way, if I try the same on the KL website, all Seat Plus appear to be taken.
At check in??
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:26 am

OLCI, yes.

The flight is later today so I will ask for a Seat Plus at the airport.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Flying CDG OTP tomorrow. Seat plus are not implemented on this A321, they show available to all. A friend (no status) got 9F automatically with auto-checkin (he has a connecting flight to CDG) whereas I still could not check-in for my flight yet. When I could check in, I was assigned a seat on row 25 or so by default, while most window seats had been preallocated to "auto check in" customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.