Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Press now available for all

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
OK, I gave it a try and logged in with my FB Plat acct, but it says I have no download credits?
you have credits only when you fly (from 24 hrs before until flight time). Y pax gets one credit (one newspaper). J/P/Elite pax get unlimited credits
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thumbs up Movies and TV shows are now available on the app for selected flights

Another nice improvement has been made on the AF Press App (smartphones and tablets)
Since October, you can now download movies and TV shows in the app, when traveling on medium haul flights over 2 hrs. This is available on flights to/from ALG, AMM, ATH, OTP, BUD, CMN, IST, KBP, LIS, MAD, SVO, NAP, ORN, RBA, FCO, LED, SOF, ARN, TLV, TUN, WAW, EVN. Please do not ask me why OSL is not in this list (I don't see why the fact that this flight is operated by Hop would be a problem, as it is an AF flight operated in franchise by Hop, not a code-share).
The movie can be downloaded from 30hrs before the flight and has to be seen during the flight (from 30 min before flight departure until landing). I don't know how the system works if the flight is delayed. I used the system twice already and it's working very well.
Another unknown thing : at the moment, everyone has 3 credits for movie downloading/viewing for each eligible flight. But it seems that this is only for a "discovery period/offer". I don't know how long this discovery phase will last and how many credits we will have afterwards. I bet that we'll be down to one free credit or maybe the free credit(s) will be limited to FB Elite Plus and C / EcoFlex pax.

Last edited by Goldorak; Nov 26, 2016 at 3:10 am
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I am updating my own post, after having obtained some information from AF.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
The movie can be downloaded from 30hrs before the flight and has to be seen during the flight (from 30 min before flight departure until landing). I don't know how the system works if the flight is delayed.
As I thought, the fact that there is no grace period to finish the movie after landing is a question of rights. AF said they tried to negotiate such a grace period with the editors but it was refused. The handling of flight delays is indeed the main problem of the system. If the device on which you downloaded the movie is connected (cellular/ wifi), then the visualization window time will be adjusted automatically. But if the device is not connected, then it will stick to the original time and so your movie may stop in-flight as you have reached your original arrival time. AF is "concerned" about that and of course having a grace period would allow to easily handle those cases. The problem is mostly for wifi-only tablets where you are not always connected just before boarding or when the delays are announced only when you are on-board (quite frequent). So in case you are aware of a delay and have downloaded a movie, it's good to connect to AF press a last time, if you can, to update your credits. I hope they will find rapidly an easier way to handle that kind of situations.

Another unknown thing : at the moment, everyone has 3 credits for movie downloading/viewing for each eligible flight. But it seems that this is only for a "discovery period/offer". I don't know how long this discovery phase will last and how many credits we will have afterwards. I bet that we'll be down to one free credit or maybe the free credit(s) will be limited to FB Elite Plus and C / EcoFlex pax.
At the moment, there is no end-date defined for this discovery period because they don't have yet the payment system in place in the app. No need to say that we are not in a hurry for this and it has been re-said to AF that we hope that it will remain free for C/Elite+ pax!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Thumbs down Not working with Windows

I used to utilise the app with a 2 in 1 computer, it worked for a long time but when I wanted to use it some weeks ago it does not work with any windows 10 based device
Confirmed by AF and not yet still fixed !
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: Many
FWIW I use an older version of the app which is bugged: I have unlimited free press/magazines everyday of the year, even when not flying AF

So I am not in a hurry to download the latest release.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bodory
FWIW I use an older version of the app which is bugged: I have unlimited free press/magazines everyday of the year, even when not flying AF

So I am not in a hurry to download the latest release.
^
Old May 29, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Hmmm... on one of those flights right now, wanted to try out the movie download, but it tells me "zero credit". I am traveling in J and I am an FB Plat. I didn't have a problem downloading two newspapers though.

What might be a problem: technically this is a "connecting" flight, because the ticket is ZRH-CDG-CMN, so maybe the app considers me a ZRH-CDG passenger, despite that flight already flown.

Not a big deal, there is still reading material from AF, the Economist and Le Monde, several books and plenty of work on the iPad for more hours of flying than I do this week (35 hours...) and Netflix also has downloads - but just curious why this doesn't work.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Hmmm... on one of those flights right now, wanted to try out the movie download, but it tells me "zero credit". I am traveling in J and I am an FB Plat. I didn't have a problem downloading two newspapers though.

What might be a problem: technically this is a "connecting" flight, because the ticket is ZRH-CDG-CMN, so maybe the app considers me a ZRH-CDG passenger, despite that flight already flown.

Not a big deal, there is still reading material from AF, the Economist and Le Monde, several books and plenty of work on the iPad for more hours of flying than I do this week (35 hours...) and Netflix also has downloads - but just curious why this doesn't work.
no idea why it's not working. It should work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.