Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is SIN-CGK bookable?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

When is SIN-CGK bookable?

I will be in the region for late March early April, and I am hoping the service has been started by then.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
I will be in the region for late March early April, and I am hoping the service has been started by then.
First flight is on march 31 and you can already book it on AF/Singapour website.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
CGK postponed

Launch of SIN-CGK tag is postponed for an undetermined period. Bookings are closed until 30th June at the moment. Pax already booked are rerouted.
I don't know the reason for such an almost last minute change. May be they did not obtain regulatory approvals ?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Launch of SIN-CGK tag is postponed for an undetermined period. Bookings are closed until 30th June at the moment. Pax already booked are rerouted.
I don't know the reason for such an almost last minute change. May be they did not obtain regulatory approvals ?
Garuda had to unexpectedly postpone their European flights because CGK runways could not accommodate a fully-loaded 777 (they had already received the plane and planned LHR flights).
Maybe the same reason?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Garuda's inaugural LGW-CGK departs on Thursday 29 May; tickets are on sale http://www.garudaindonesia.co.uk/lon...ules-announced

Perhaps the runway works may not have been completed in time for Air France's supposed first flight on March 31 - but then they didn't need to delay til the end of June based on Garuda's operational date.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Maybe they decided to be on the safe side after having to cancel current booking and added a month to see how GA is doing with its plane. If German engineers got so many delays at Berlin, you can guess that Indonesia is not more reliable.
But it is unclear that this could be the reason for AF. AF could very well have minimal fuel for CGK-SIN and not be subject to the runway technical constraint. There might be other reasons.

Last edited by brunos; Feb 13, 2014 at 1:13 am
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
AF SIN-CGK (or CDG-CGK) is now planned to start on July 9

Last edited by Goldorak; May 2, 2014 at 3:23 pm Reason: May 2, 2014 : Date changed from July 1st to July 9 as per AF information
Old May 2, 2014, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Confirmed date for 1st SIN-CGK AF flight is July 9. I have edited my previous post to reflect this (date was July 1st)
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Confirmed date for 1st SIN-CGK AF flight is July 9. I have edited my previous post to reflect this (date was July 1st)
the news:http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...h-east-asia-1/

and more, Patrick Roux, the new AFKLM Pacific-Asia senior vice president announced:

"on September 29 Jakarta, via Singapore, will be the first destination to welcome the first Air France Boeing 777-300 fully equipped with its four new cabin classes, including the La Première class."

downloadable until 7/16, the press kit
https://sharing.oodrive.com/easyshar...&iid=151847338

Last edited by delanotre; Jul 11, 2014 at 2:54 am Reason: link
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by delanotre
the news:http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...h-east-asia-1/

and more, Patrick Roux, the new AFKLM Pacific-Asia senior vice president announced:

"on September 29 Jakarta, via Singapore, will be the first destination to welcome the first Air France Boeing 777-300 fully equipped with its four new cabin classes, including the La Première class."

downloadable until 7/16, the press kit
https://sharing.oodrive.com/easyshar...&iid=151847338
SIN-CGK might be a nice way for anyone to try the new P for relatively cheap!: €1100 return + tax (starting in either place). I suspect that sadly this might not include the full service (pyjamas, etc).
Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
SIN-CGK might be a nice way for anyone to try the new P for relatively cheap!: €1100 return + tax (starting in either place). I suspect that sadly this might not include the full service (pyjamas, etc).

It's just a 1h40 flight , so 1145 € to test the seat, and a dinner only on the return at 7:30 pm, why not?
For me it's better to test the new business seat for 348€, (premium 260€ and eco 88€ )

For Mileage runners from Tunisia:
It is worth to buy two separate tickets TUN-SIN in F and SIN-JKT in J because TUN-JKT in F is three times more expensive than TUN-SIN (3606€/10669€)
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Garuda Indonesia & Air France KLM Mulling A Joint Venture

Apparently GA has just signed a code-share agreement with AF (for CDG-AMS and AMS-NTE for GA; and JKT-SIN and SUB-SIN for AF (and KL?) - not yet for CDG-JKT), and is considering a joint venture with AF/KL.

Garuda Indonesia & Air France KLM Mulling A Joint Venture
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Hi,

I am thinking to try aF on CGK-SIN early October. However, I notice that they have the following baggage policy.
Economy

You can transport 1 baggage item weighing 23 kg maximum at no extra charge.
Do they really strictly enforce the 1 baggage policy? I have no issue with the weight.

What happen if I need to carry 2 baggage but the total weight is within 23 kg?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
AF works with according to the piece concept so you would need to purchase a second baggage allowance. It might also be wise to look at the Premium Economy seats because a second suitcase is included in the prices of that product.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Brendan88
AF works with according to the piece concept so you would need to purchase a second baggage allowance. It might also be wise to look at the Premium Economy seats because a second suitcase is included in the prices of that product.
I cannot book Premium Economy as AF outsource the ticket sales to KL ex-CGK. and KL site no Premium Economy.

I am not definite now if I will have 2nd luggage. I just do not like the idea to also be constraint on how many luggage I can bring, in addition to how many kg.

Perhaps I will need to look around what is the other options avail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.