Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at LAX-TBIT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier, Air France Silver, AAdvantage, Matmid Gold
Lounge at LAX-TBIT

I'm flying the a380 from LAX to CDG this week, and am flying from TBIT (Tom Bradley international terminal)
Does Air France have its own lounge in the Tom Bradley terminal?
If not, which airline runs the lounge?

This is for business class.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
AF has a lounge in T2 but not in TBIT. They use KE lounge.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta Plat, CO Gold, AF
Use the KE lounge. Try to use the left side security lanes at TBIT. Usualy shorter and will put you right in front of the lounge. About a 5 minute walk from the boarding gates.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Okay. Thanks to both of you for that.
The Korean Air lounge.
Is it nice?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by adrouault
Okay. Thanks to both of you for that.
The Korean Air lounge.
Is it nice?
No idea as I've never been but it can only be much better than the crappiest AF lounge in North America in LAX T2 (the ex-NW lounge). Some reports on this forum have said that the KE lounge gets very crowded with the AF A380 pax. So arrive early.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:31 am

The KE lounge is quite nice. Ample food and drink and reasonably quiet. Goldarak is correct in that it does get very crowded when an A380 load of passengers desends upon it. WAY better than the lounge at T2, which is still used for the evening 777 flight. I might suggest you spend a little time strolling around the new terminal. Not world class, but a major improvement from the piece of garbage it has been for the last 10-15 years. Enjoy your flight.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tpatta
The KE lounge is quite nice. Ample food and drink and reasonably quiet. Goldarak is correct in that it does get very crowded when an A380 load of passengers desends upon it. WAY better than the lounge at T2, which is still used for the evening 777 flight. I might suggest you spend a little time strolling around the new terminal. Not world class, but a major improvement from the piece of garbage it has been for the last 10-15 years. Enjoy your flight.

Thanks!
My last experience with TBIT was 5 years ago, flying to Tahiti on TN.
What a dreadful experience.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
I am flying this route on Friday and does anyone know if the new lounge has opened?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FreqTrav27
I am flying this route on Friday and does anyone know if the new lounge has opened?
Which new lounge ?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Which new lounge ?

On my thread on the Trip reports section, Mabuk Dan Gila wrote

"The above mentioned KE/Skyteam lounge used by AF at LAX TBIT is scheduled to be permanently closed as of today Jan 20, in order to relocate to the NEW LAX TBIT KE/Skyteam lounge which should be vastly improved. While the closure of the old lounge is slated for today, it is unclear if that corresponds with the opening of the new lounge simultaneously or if their will be an interim changeover period. The old lounge became a "windowless cave" back when they built a new terminal over it's windows. For a while the windows offered an interesting view of construction of the new terminal but then they went away and it has been rather bleak since. It is scheduled to be demolished and I believe the empty space will be incorporated into the new OneWorld lounge later this year."
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
That's all I know. I was told Jan 20 was the official closing date for the "old" KE/Skyteam lounge in TBIT. One would hope/assume that corresponds with the opening date of the "new" KE/Skyteam lounge but I was not specifically told that. Jan 20 has passed and I have yet to find any actual accounts of what if anything regarding lounge closure/opening actually took place that date so if no one else gives an up to date answer before you fly, please report back what you encounter because it is a timely topic. If the new lounge is not open already, its opening is imminent. The new lounge is supposed to be more than twice as large as the old one and vastly improved.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:51 am

We are departing from LAX in a couple of weeks. Which lounge will we be using? Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
We are departing from LAX in a couple of weeks. Which lounge will we be using? Thanks
All AF flights to CDG now leave from TBIT. You will use the Korean Air Lounge. Use the security lines on the left side of the terminal and you will be right there. There was rumor of AF opening it's own lounge at TBIT but nothing yet.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I was in this lounge 2 weeks ago for the 1st time and confirm it's a very pleasant lounge. It has an "outside" terrace overlooking the shopping area of the terminal (please note the brackets for outside, as you are not outside but outside the lounge structure which is inside the main terminal building - I hope it's clear - I have pictures at home that I will post here when I'll be back from my current trip).
On the negative side about this lounge, is the food & drink offering that I found disappointing (just a few not-very-good sandwiches and some fruits). Despite it is quite large, it is getting crowded rapidly with the AF A380 flight that is often packed.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by tpatta
All AF flights to CDG now leave from TBIT. You will use the Korean Air Lounge. Use the security lines on the left side of the terminal and you will be right there. There was rumor of AF opening it's own lounge at TBIT but nothing yet.
Thanks ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.