About Blue-biz and FB for France residents

Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by orbitmic
UK BB awards don't (and never did) accrue FB miles either. I would be very surprised if BB awards anywhere did.
They used to. And btw the English T&Cs of French BB (hope I am clear ) do not mention anything.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bodory
They used to. And btw the English T&Cs of French BB (hope I am clear ) do not mention anything.
Do you mean that the French BB used to allow accrual? For BB UK, I have used the programme since our Voyageurs Rewards account was transformed into BB and have used multiple free tickets for collaborators and myself over the years. I never got any FB mile based on those bookings (pretty sure they did not either) except once when the flight we booked was cancelled and I was rebooked on a completely new flight at the airport. Every booking I have made has also always explicitly said that this was an award booking and would not accrue any FB mile. Sadly. The only thing I don't know is what happens with using BB credits for upgrades as this invariably means far too expensive ticket prices to be of any use to us.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:49 am
Suspended

I haven't heard of a sign up bonus for outside France for many many years (before FB, and at that time that very same bonus of 3000 miles was perfectly available to French members too!), either except one single country which seems to have them occasionally. Definitely no such thing in the UK for instance. Again I think we need to differentiate between "some specific countries have this" and "the rest of the world (ie all but France) have this", and sign up bonus is definitely in the former category.

Current sign-up bonus for Lebanon:

http://www.airfrance.com/LB/en/local...omo_joinfb.htm

there were other offers but they expired and the links are no longer available
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:09 am

Do you mean that the French BB used to allow accrual?
Yes. I do not remember about the T&Cs but practically it was the case.

Note that their IT is so bugged that it is still sometimes the case : I flew with my wife on 2 BB tickets some weeks ago and she did received full miles. I did not.

The tip may be to credit BB award tickets to another ST program nevertheless.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
In almost all countries in Europa, you can convert Blue Credits (BC) into tickets and upgrades using a simple scale: 1 Blue Credit = 1 euro.
(excepted in non € countries as Switzerland 1BC=1CHF, UK 1BC=1, Danemark 1BC=1DKK...)

It's always a simple scale.
In France it is never 1BC=1€, but for example 1€=1,5BC ( Paris-Moscow) to 1€=4,15 BC (Paris-Venice)!
from Paris the scale is around 3 BC to London, around 2 to NYC or KUL etc...

Perhaps is it the same discrimination in Netherlands: I can't verify because I need to log in to know.

Last edited by delanotre; Sep 10, 2013 at 7:06 am
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by delanotre
In France it is never 1BC=1, but for example 1=1,5BC ( Paris-Moscow) to 1=4,15 BC (Paris-Nice)!

Not that I do not trust you but in my experience, for every trip I have booked (or eventually wanted to book) with my French BB account, the ratio was around 1 EUR = 2 Blue Credit.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Not that I do not trust you but in my experience, for every trip I have booked (or eventually wanted to book) with my French BB account, the ratio was around 1 EUR = 2 Blue Credit.
Yes, Paris to Venice, the cheapest fare is €169 but you need 700 BC
Paris-Nice, €121 = 375 BC
Paris-Los Angeles, €604 =1650 BC
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:14 am

Yes, Paris to Venice, the cheapest fare is €169 but you need 700 BC
Paris-Nice, €121 = 375 BC
Paris-Los Angeles, €604 =1650 BC
I am logged and just priced 350 BC for CDG-VCE-CDG :
- departs CDG on the 20th of March 2014
- returns from VCE on the 26th of March

Equivalent price is 121 EUR though.

Last edited by bodory; Sep 10, 2013 at 7:20 am
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I am logged and just priced 350 BC for CDG-VCE-CDG.
It's the price I find for a one way...

Last edited by delanotre; Sep 10, 2013 at 8:04 am Reason: finally, I found how to post directly an image
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:32 am
Original Poster

So, I fly from CDG to NRT (RT) in first class for around 8000 (500 BC) and I win (almost) a BlueBiz reward ticket, in the cheapest class for Dublin (535 BC / 212 ) and I cannot fly to Venice (169 / 700 BC)
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:51 am

It's the price I find for a one way...
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3892/ow3l.png

So, I fly from CDG to NRT (RT) in first class for around 8000€ (500 BC) and I win (almost) a BlueBiz reward ticket, in the cheapest class for Dublin (535 BC / € 212 ) and I cannot fly to Venice (169€ / 700 BC)
The way BB and similar airlines reward programs for SMEs have been thought is not the one you mention but rather this one : xx people from the company fly each week/month beetween CDG and ZZZ or elsewhere and at the end of the year the company has free tickets for its own, its employees or the boss.

Should I take into account only the flights I take, BB will not carry me that far. But if I add all tickets credited to the BB account, it pays me some good vacations

Last edited by bodory; Sep 10, 2013 at 8:07 am Reason: Finally posted the image
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Excellent ^
But I am alone in my company...otherwise I should fly in eco, and bye bye rewards.

Last edited by delanotre; Sep 10, 2013 at 8:07 am
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
In France it is never 1BC=1, but for example 1=1,5BC ( Paris-Moscow) to 1=4,15 BC (Paris-Venice)!
Well, ok, but as I mentioned earlier in France you earn TEN times more credit on a CDG-NRT in F as compared to what we do in the UK! So your Paris to Moscow which costs you, say, twice more BB credits than it does to a UK member effectively costs you five times less in terms of fly/burn ratio since you earned ten times more credits in the first place!! If there is any discrimination here, it is very clearly against the UK BB members and not the FR BB ones!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Well, ok, but as I mentioned earlier in France you earn TEN times more credit on a CDG-NRT in F as compared to what we do in the UK! So your Paris to Moscow which costs you, say, twice more BB credits than it does to a UK member effectively costs you five times less in terms of fly/burn ratio since you earned ten times more credits in the first place!! If there is any discrimination here, it is very clearly against the UK BB members and not the FR BB ones!
If it is the same amount of BC , yes, you are very discriminated!
But is it really harmonized in Europa?
To compare we need to know how much credits you need to go to Venice (in France 700 BC for a ticket that costs €169 / in UK LON-VCE costs 185)

During September, AIR FRANCE, KLM and ALITALIA are pleased to offer double Blue Credits on all flights from the UK to Africa.

Last edited by delanotre; Sep 10, 2013 at 2:13 pm
Old Sep 11, 2013, 1:39 am

But I am alone in my company...otherwise I should fly in eco, and bye bye rewards.
I reckon that is also a possibility.

But if you credit all your friends/relatives' tickets to your BB account you will feel suddenly less alone

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.