A380 Upper Deck Economy Y Seating

Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:21 am

So I'm scheduled to fly CDG-SFO on the A380 next week, and the plane is completely empty as of now. I can choose wherever to sit, and right now I've allocated 88B for myself. I'd prefer the window, but I get up a lot to use the restroom / walk around ... is it easy to walk over the aisle passenger from the window in row 88? I'm a young, nimble person if that factors into it.

Also, does anyone know if these flights are full in Economy lately? I've been flying to SFO from CDG quite frequently lately with UA, and the flight loads have been extremely light. I ask because I'd prefer to have a row to myself downstairs than a seat upstairs next to someone...
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kthpence
So I'm scheduled to fly CDG-SFO on the A380 next week, and the plane is completely empty as of now. I can choose wherever to sit, and right now I've allocated 88B for myself. I'd prefer the window, but I get up a lot to use the restroom / walk around ... is it easy to walk over the aisle passenger from the window in row 88? I'm a young, nimble person if that factors into it.

Also, does anyone know if these flights are full in Economy lately? I've been flying to SFO from CDG quite frequently lately with UA, and the flight loads have been extremely light. I ask because I'd prefer to have a row to myself downstairs than a seat upstairs next to someone...
It's easy to walk over the aisle passenger from the window in row 88, the bulkhead space is substantial.

AF now charges seat selection for non-status passengers, this is why you might find the seat map empty, and although I have not flown AF longhaul in the last 2 months or so, I consistently find AF flights full in Economy around this time of the year (low winter/spring fares from the US).
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound
It's easy to walk over the aisle passenger from the window in row 88, the bulkhead space is substantial.

AF now charges seat selection for non-status passengers, this is why you might find the seat map empty, and although I have not flown AF longhaul in the last 2 months or so, I consistently find AF flights full in Economy around this time of the year (low winter/spring fares from the US).
Thanks for this great insight! I switched to 88A. I've sat in the exit row upstairs before as well, but my monitor kept falling down and banging my knee, and the leg room was actually unnecessary ample ha.

I know usually the flights are full, but I flew CDG-SFO last month on UA (fare was $600 but I used miles for J) and the entire back economy section probably had 10 total people in it. It was actually a bit scary how empty the plane was. I've read that tourism from France to the US is dropping (Trump effect) and many Americans aren't coming to France because of fears of security (ridiculous). Regardless, I'll report back about the flight load in Y. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.