Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it always this quiet at CDG?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Is it always this quiet at CDG on a Saturday?

Hi! Just thought I would mention this.

I got into CDG 2A two days ago (Saturday 23), landed at 4 p.m, and the terminal was just deserted. Passport control, customs, arrivals, departures ....nobody anywhere. I took the AF bus to the Gare de Lyon, nobody on the bus. The bus went first to T1 before heading into Paris and so I got a good view of the apron, airbridges etc. and there were hardly any planes either, it was "sinistre". I noticed the same thing back in September when I arrived on the same flight, also on a Saturday, but this time was even quieter.

I guess that there are busy and less busy times of day, but is Saturday noticeably quieter? Is it normal to be in a sort of ghost town? Not that I am complaining, but it was still weird!

Last edited by DernierVirage; Jan 24, 2016 at 11:57 pm Reason: Improve title and text.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings are indeed the quietest, plus tourism in general is way down at the moment due to the events in November.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Hi! Just thought I would mention this.

I got into CDG 2A two days ago (Saturday 23), landed at 4 p.m, and the terminal was just deserted. Passport control, customs, arrivals, departures ....nobody anywhere. I took the AF bus to the Gare de Lyon, nobody on the bus. The bus went first to T1 before heading into Paris and so I got a good view of the apron, airbridges etc. and there were hardly any planes either, it was "sinistre". I noticed the same thing back in September when I arrived on the same flight, also on a Saturday, but this time was even quieter.

I guess that there are busy and less busy times of day, but is Saturday noticeably quieter? Is it normal to be in a sort of ghost town? Not that I am complaining, but it was still weird!
A late January Saturday is indeed going to be quite weak traffic wise, away from holidays, people have no cash left after Christmas, business travellers avoid Saturday's when possible to be with the family. Terminal A also has lots of long haul mostly in morning or late evening.

That said, all I keep hearing also confirms that sadly visitors numbers in Paris have gone down because of the terror attacks. I really hope it doesn't last.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It really depends on the terminals. Sunday morning at 2E is not quiet (morning is never quiet at 2E).

2A is mostly busy in the morning, but very quiet in the afternoon indeed.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:35 pm

I am glad you got to enjoy CDG on a Saturday.
Today, Monday, at 2E around noon was packed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.