Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"HOP!" will be new name of merged AF regional airlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Make it a three-legged elephant!
Last elephant I saw in the bush had six legs. Not sure it had something to do with AF though.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
I do like elephants a lot, but they don't necessarily help me navigating through the fare jungle. Thus I'd like to raise my question again from thread #195 about earnings on Basic Plus fares as opposed to Maxi.
Can't believe nobody here knows the answer.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
I do like elephants a lot, but they don't necessarily help me navigating through the fare jungle. Thus I'd like to raise my question again from thread #195 about earnings on Basic Plus fares as opposed to Maxi.
Can't believe nobody here knows the answer.
B+ = 250 award miles

MaxiFlex : level miles.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Official merger project for A5/YS/DB

I want to say : finally !
AF has officially announced a merger project for Airlinair/BritAir/Régional into HOP! 245 jobs could be cut. They also say that all sites will be maintained (which I sincerely doubt, but this is just my own opinion). Merger should be completed before end 2017. Link to La Tribune (in French) :
http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-...op-492788.html
Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
They also say that all sites will be maintained (which I sincerely doubt, but this is just my own opinion).
I certainly share your opinion - and also expect strikes etc as a result.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
and also expect strikes etc as a result.
I agree also
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I want to say : finally !
Good lord... To be completely aligned with branding, they should also merge ORY ex-AF operations in there
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
According to agentconnect.biz, From April 3rd, 2016, operating airlines will not be displayed anymore in the GDS.
YS, AN and DB are also qualified as "aircraft owners" in the announcement and not operating airlines. Have the crews transfered into the new structure?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:24 am

I'm thoroughly confused about non-FB Skyteam Elite Plus card benefits on Hop flights, and the help of AF experts would be most appreciated:

For European hub flights such as FRA-CDG, and French domestic flights such as BIQ-ORY, which are sold as AF flight numbers and operated by Hop, are there any Skyteam Elite Plus benefits offered if the FFP is not Flying Blue?

Also, on a side note, are STE+ benefits applicable for an AF-operated flight sold under another airline's flight number? (MAN-CDG, sold under BE code and operated by AF)

Thank you
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by stargold
I'm thoroughly confused about non-FB Skyteam Elite Plus card benefits on Hop flights, and the help of AF experts would be most appreciated:

For European hub flights such as FRA-CDG, and French domestic flights such as BIQ-ORY, which are sold as AF flight numbers and operated by Hop, are there any Skyteam Elite Plus benefits offered if the FFP is not Flying Blue?
FRA-CDG is no problem because it is an AF route operated by Hop under a franchise agreement (it is not a code-share). For the domestic services to/from ORY, normally I believe there is no non-FB benefits as Hop is not a Skyteam member, but in any case you don't have too much to expect in terms of SkyP services on that kind of routes. There are very few lounges accessible and the best you can expect is priority check-in/boarding, which I am sure you can get showing your card (the likelihood to be denied is low IMO).

Also, on a side note, are STE+ benefits applicable for an AF-operated flight sold under another airline's flight number? (MAN-CDG, sold under BE code and operated by AF)
No benefits at all, even for FB members. But if the flight is operated by AF, I am sure that showing your card at boarding will get you into the SkyP lane. But no lounge access for sure.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:44 am

FRA-CDG is no problem because it is an AF route operated by Hop under a franchise agreement (it is not a code-share). For the domestic services to/from ORY, normally I believe there is no non-FB benefits as Hop is not a Skyteam member, but in any case you don't have too much to expect in terms of SkyP services on that kind of routes. There are very few lounges accessible and the best you can expect is priority check-in/boarding, which I am sure you can get showing your card (the likelihood to be denied is low IMO).

No benefits at all, even for FB members. But if the flight is operated by AF, I am sure that showing your card at boarding will get you into the SkyP lane. But no lounge access for sure.
Thank you for your kind reply Still at a loss why they have to make things so difficult to ascertain without consulting the FT wisdom

I was about to book my mother on MAN-CDG, but the date is in the middle of the strike action that was just announced, so I had to book the BE-operated flight instead - unfortunately she will miss out on the STE+ benefits on this occasion, but it's part of a very tight itinerary and I can't afford for her to be stranded and suffer disruption...
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:01 am

(...) so I had to book the BE-operated flight instead - unfortunately she will miss out on the STE+ benefits on this occasion, (...)
If the flight is AF coded, then the STE+ benefits will be granted.

Remember that what matters is the coding of the flight (AF), not the operator.

This goes for BE as well as A5 and any other airline, ST or not ST.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:56 am

Recent Hop! Trip: delayed both ways, insufficient storage onboard, no SkyPriority boarding in the province airport.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carnarvon
If the flight is AF coded, then the STE+ benefits will be granted.

Remember that what matters is the coding of the flight (AF), not the operator.

This goes for BE as well as A5 and any other airline, ST or not ST.
Are you sure about this?

If an AM frequent flier buys an AF codeshare on BE, the typical BE agent will never even have heard of AM.

Originally Posted by af fp
Recent Hop! Trip: delayed both ways, insufficient storage onboard, no SkyPriority boarding in the province airport.
Whether operated by A5 or AF, French domestic flights don't tend to bother with SkyPriority etc.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Are you sure about this?

If an AM frequent flier buys an AF codeshare on BE, the typical BE agent will never even have heard of AM.
Kind of sure yes.

In Paris, BE operated flights are treated like AF operated flights : same AF staff, same terminal etc.

In BHX, yes it will be (stupidly) handled by BE staff (when there are AF counters next to them for AF operate flights; what a waste). However, a short talk with Af staff at the AF desk should get the "fast lane" sticker on the boarding pass.

At the lounge, no idea how to navigate that.

But maybe other have experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.