Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF will not interline anymore across reservations?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 4:19 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

any experience with interline to UX? I'm considering flying IAD-CDG on AF; CDG-AGP on UX on separate tickets.... 125 mins connection time at CDG... thanks!

FDW
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
any experience with interline to UX? I'm considering flying IAD-CDG on AF; CDG-AGP on UX on separate tickets.... 125 mins connection time at CDG... thanks!
Due to the level of cooperation between UX and AF, I would tend to say it should be OK, but who knows...
Please report here what finally happened
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Due to the level of cooperation between UX and AF, I would tend to say it should be OK, but who knows...
Please report here what finally happened
Based on the reports here, I would not share your optimism.

DL agents who handle things for AF in the US would not be aware of the close cooperation between UX and AF.

That is to say if they know who UX is.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Flying biz NCL-CDG-JNB on separate tickets will AF in NCL interline my luggage? Any recent experiences? If they don't do I arrive in the same terminal where the JNB check-in is?

NCL-CDG is a economy fare so will I get lounge access there?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Flying biz NCL-CDG-JNB on separate tickets will AF in NCL interline my luggage? Any recent experiences?
AF to AF should be no problem, although the agent from the contractor they are using for ground services may not know how to do it but a colleague will know. No personal exp from NCL, but I did it recently ex-DUS without problem.

If they don't do I arrive in the same terminal where the JNB check-in is?
Yes. 2E for both.

NCL-CDG is a economy fare so will I get lounge access there?
You may have to argue a bit with the lounge dragon, but nothing to loose to try. If you have both BP with you, I would tend to say it will be OK
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Based on the reports here, I would not share your optimism.

DL agents who handle things for AF in the US would not be aware of the close cooperation between UX and AF.

That is to say if they know who UX is.
but DL is not handling AF/KL in IAD !
But even if the case, I can tell you I never had any problem ex-US with DL or AF or AF contractors checking bags on different tickets. I even did once DL interlining bags to AF and then XK !! And my best last summer from BOS (contractors) : AF connecting to a TG domestic flight ^
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:01 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
but DL is not handling AF/KL in IAD !
But even if the case, I can tell you I never had any problem ex-US with DL or AF or AF contractors checking bags on different tickets. I even did once DL interlining bags to AF and then XK !! And my best last summer from BOS (contractors) : AF connecting to a TG domestic flight ^
Congratulations.^

When you read about the opposite experiences here, you realise how uncertain things are.

This is one thing which was better "in the old days" : interlining was the norm.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
AF to AF should be no problem, although the agent from the contractor they are using for ground services may not know how to do it but a colleague will know. No personal exp from NCL, but I did it recently ex-DUS without problem.

Yes. 2E for both.

You may have to argue a bit with the lounge dragon, but nothing to loose to try. If you have both BP with you, I would tend to say it will be OK
Cheers. ^
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Cheers. ^
please let us know
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by carnarvon
When you read about the opposite experiences here, you realise how uncertain things are.
Absolutely. This Russian roulette attitude is really problematic. What a shame and when you think how easy it is to do (a normally trained agent can do that in less than a minute). Now with ALTEA DC, it is extremely easy and the agent doesn't even need the booking ref of your 2nd ticket in most cases because the system checks flights at your connection points to detect your name in bookings from this airport.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: FB Gold, SPG Plat
I have recently had successful cross-reservation interlining for KL (SFO-AMS) to SU (AMS-SVO). The check-in staff at SFO was from AirFrance as far as I could see.

They clearly understood my request, but it took about 10 minutes to get this done (with about 3 people involved), because apparently they don't have to deal with this too often, and agent I originally approached hadn't ever done it before.

Btw, nothing showed up in their system automatically, so they manually entered information about my SU flight.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:54 pm

Any experience interlining bags in CDG on AF to UA? Flying CDG-AMS-IAH. CDG-AMS on AF and AMS-IAH on UA with separate tickets. 150 minutes connection time in AMS.

Any feedback welcome. Thank you.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by k_a_r_t
Any experience interlining bags in CDG on AF to UA? Flying CDG-AMS-IAH. CDG-AMS on AF and AMS-IAH on UA with separate tickets. 150 minutes connection time in AMS.

Any feedback welcome. Thank you.
Do you think it is needed to ask the same question in several threads and furthermore in the same forum ?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:28 am

AF to AF should be no problem, (...) I did it recently ex-DUS without problem. (...)
Hi everyone,

What is the degree of certainty with this configuration? Anyone else has the same positive experience as Goldorak?

I am thinking of flying HAM/CDG(AMS)/LYS on one AF ticket and LYS/NTE with another AF ticket and would like to have my luggage checked through to NTE.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Do yourself a favour - fly HAM-AMS-NTE on a single ticket.

If you must use separate tickets, then plan several hours between tickets as there really is no guarantee that your bag will be checked through. (However, if you do manage to get your bag checked through, you are increasing the chances of your bag going missing by doing all this bouncing around, particularly across two tickets). I would recommend that you collect your bag in LYS and check it in again yourself there rather than having it checked through. If checked through - show the luggage receipt to an AF agent on the ground at LYS well before boarding the NTE flight as they may not otherwise load your bag, despite it being labelled to be loaded on your flight).

Or - better still - travel with hand luggage if at all possible!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.