Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France lounge at Dusseldorf closed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:03 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Air France lounge at Dusseldorf closed

Originally Posted by French travel agent portal
Effective June 1st, the Air France lounge at Dusseldorf airport is closed. Eligible passengers can use the airport lounge.
Except for the coffee machine and the lack of washrooms within the lounge, it was a pleasant lounge with a nice view on the apron.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:26 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Hmm not sure if this is good or bad.

I did not really like the lounge, pardon, Salon. The views were imho not great when inside, I have never tried to get outside though - the weather usually didn't allow me. And the food/drink selection was watery coffee and salty snacks. Not the best if you're coming from a long ICE trip.

How is the generic 'airport lounge'? Who operates it?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 4:03 am

I'm flying on Tuedesday from Düsseldorf to Paris. I think as an Air Frace Affaires-Class Passenger we can now use the "Hugo Junkers" Salon. They have Free-Wlan and Showers. ^
Old Jun 10, 2012, 8:37 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Please do report back with your experiences!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kölner
I'm flying on Tuedesday from Düsseldorf to Paris. I think as an Air Frace Affaires-Class Passenger we can now use the "Hugo Junkers" Salon. They have Free-Wlan and Showers. ^
It's in Priority Pass. Located in Terminal B at DUS, airside.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:22 pm

Its the renovated and nice looking Junckers Lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
It looks as if it is a move initiated by the airport authority. The BA lounge has also closed in May, and it was mentioned that the airport authority did not renew the lease because of planned construction works.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...our-views.html
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FT, HHonors Diamond
Seating right now in the renovated Junkers Lounge in DUS. Very conveniently located after security (no more marathon needed in dull corridors) with great view of the apron. I'm having meatballs and wiener schnitzels and might try some salami sandwiches. The only thing I might miss from the AF lounge: the huge choice of French magazines!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by petitaix
Seating right now in the renovated Junkers Lounge in DUS. Very conveniently located after security (no more marathon needed in dull corridors) with great view of the apron. I'm having meatballs and wiener schnitzels and might try some salami sandwiches. The only thing I might miss from the AF lounge: the huge choice of French magazines!
Sounds like a massive improvement on the pathetic former lounge!!! ^
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:29 am

Programs: LH Sen, AF/KL gold, AB platinum, BA silver, HHonors diamond, SPG gold, ...
For BA/IB/AY-customers the Hugo Junkers lounge at DUS is definitely a step backwards from BA terracces.
For AF/KL and AB customers it is definitely a big step upwards. Although during my visit they were back on AF-level (only nuts and gummibears).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.