Does the A380 board J from the lounge in JFK and CDG?

Subscribe
Title says (asks) it all.
Quote: Title says (asks) it all.
No and no. Separate gates though.
Quote: No and no. Separate gates though.
Pity. Not since Concorde have I had the good fortune of lounge boarding. I was hoping to share the experience with my kids. Thank you for the quick reply.
ORD
If you happen to be X ORD, the A332 boards from the lounge.
Quote: Pity. Not since Concorde have I had the good fortune of lounge boarding. I was hoping to share the experience with my kids. Thank you for the quick reply.
Fly with Emirates from BNE and you will experience this pleasure again.
Quote: Fly with Emirates from BNE and you will experience this pleasure again.
Interestingly, I flew EK in F from DXB, and while there was a second story boarding zone close to the lounge, there was a considerable queue given no agents showed up to process passengers. I stood around for a bit, then left and boarded with Y, then had to climb the stairs up to F. The cabin crew were quite thrown off and initially didn't believe I was ticketed in F, but I still made it on before other F passengers. A very disappointing start, but I suppose the exercise did me well.
FRA is set up to board some LH flights from lounges, including their business class lounges for intraEU flights, but I've never done it or even seen it happen.
You could board from the lounge in IAD, but I think this has been reconfigured now? It is a very pleasent experience.
Quote: Pity. Not since Concorde have I had the good fortune of lounge boarding. I was hoping to share the experience with my kids. Thank you for the quick reply.
In JFK T1, there is no direct boarding from AF lounge. Concorde was boarding from gate 1 IIRC, so a 50 m walk from the lounge. May be there was a lounge boarding in the former terminal AF was using before T1 ?

Quote: You could board from the lounge in IAD, but I think this has been reconfigured now? It is a very pleasent experience.
This was in the former AF lounge in B concourse. Now, AF/KL use the ex-NW lounge in concourse A and but you don't board directly from the lounge, although I'm pretty sure it was the case for KL flights when they were handled by NW. Now, AF & KL birds are parked just across the lounge (on the other face of the terminal).

Quote: If you happen to be X ORD, the A332 boards from the lounge.
Not always unfortunately. On the 3 last times I was in this lounge, only once AF plane was at gate M7, allowing boarding from the lounge. The 2 other times, the gate was occupied by EI and LX and AF used M3 (and KL M5).
How bout at IAD? Was reading some reviews of the "new" AF lounge at Dulles from 2010 that specifically mentioned boarding directly from the lounge. But more recent reviews haven't stated such and one said something like, "it was nice because the lounge was so close to the gate.". Having never done the direct boarding, I would like to try.

Jaminbaker- I am envious, one of my big regrets in life is that when US had a Concorde award for a very (very) short period that I didn't take advantage of it....though I must say the memories of Australia and flying there in J instead are ones I wouldn't want to be doing without either!
Quote: How bout at IAD? Was reading some reviews of the "new" AF lounge at Dulles from 2010 that specifically mentioned boarding directly from the lounge. But more recent reviews haven't stated such and one said something like, "it was nice because the lounge was so close to the gate.". Having never done the direct boarding, I would like to try.
Err... do you realise that the post just above yours answers this question?
I am apparently blind. Sorry about that.