Community
Wiki Posts
Search

?s on Premium Voyageur on A380

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
?s on Premium Voyageur on A380

Hi all,
Looking at booking Premium Economy on the A380 from IAD-CDG. Have AA status but PE on BA is way more than AF, and UA with Econ+ is only a couple hundred less than AF.

It looks like AF actually treats it as a separate cabin, with lots more legroom and more of a business class dining experience. Is this true? Is this worth a couple hundred $$$ more than E+ on UA?

Thanks for any help!

dcstudent
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:14 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Hi all,
Looking at booking Premium Economy on the A380 from IAD-CDG. Have AA status but PE on BA is way more than AF, and UA with Econ+ is only a couple hundred less than AF.

It looks like AF actually treats it as a separate cabin, with lots more legroom and more of a business class dining experience. Is this true? Is this worth a couple hundred $$$ more than E+ on UA?

Thanks for any help!

dcstudent
I flew PV twice and it really depends if you have a day or night flight. During the day it's definitely worth the extra money, but not for a night flight. The seat is wider and has more legroom and it is a fixed shell, which is a real plus I think. The only problem is that you sort of slide down if you want to sleep. The seat then is very hard and not comfortable. I really think you can sleep better in a normal Y seat, then a PV seat.

Good luck!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
It probably depends on how you sleep. I sleep on the side and not on my back and I can sleep in the PremVoy seat quite well. I definitely prefer it to the Eco seat, both night and day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.