Wiki Posts
Search

LYS - where to eat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
LYS - where to eat

I will be transiting through LYS next week with over two hours connecting time during lunch time. Any suugestions where I could get a good lunch without leaving the airport? The LYS website lists all that is on offer, but without much detail. And no, I do not plan to stop at Pizza Hut!
And btw, how is the AF lounge? Will the food be more like CDG 2G or 2F/D?
Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think Le Bec is the best. http://www.espace-lebec.com/

The AF lounge is a Patio (not a full service lounge) so just chips and bad beer. It's not manned so you need to get a code from check in. There are other full service lounges at LYS if you have Priority Pass.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy
I think Le Bec is the best. http://www.espace-lebec.com/

The AF lounge is a Patio (not a full service lounge) so just chips and bad beer. It's not manned so you need to get a code from check in. There are other full service lounges at LYS if you have Priority Pass.
Thanks stimpy! Does it mean that the only place I can get the AF lounge code is at check-in? i.e. will have to leave the airside part of the terminal and clear security?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You'd have to go ground-side to eat at Le Bec. Are you coming and going with AF Schengen? If so you shouldn't have to re-do security, however I've never tried a transit at LYS so I don't really know.

If you see any AF ladies walking around you can get the code from them. Or just stand outside the door and wait for someone else to enter or exit.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Or just stand outside the door and wait for someone else to enter or exit.
or try:
123A
A123 ....
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:35 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
You'd have to go ground-side to eat at Le Bec. Are you coming and going with AF Schengen? If so you shouldn't have to re-do security, however I've never tried a transit at LYS so I don't really know.

If you see any AF ladies walking around you can get the code from them. Or just stand outside the door and wait for someone else to enter or exit.
You have indeed not to clear security again when transferring intra-Schengen. Transfer at LYS is really easy and fast, no comparison to CDG.

There is an AF transfer desk just beside the lounge, sometimes manned, sometimes not. You might also try just to open the door of the lounge, sometimes it's not closed correctly. Don't expect a lot of this lounge, it's like CDG 2G.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by AF680
or try:
123A
A123 ....
Never got one of these

Or just stand outside the door and wait for someone else to enter or exit.
Seams faster to ring the bell, the "dragoon", often very sweet, will open you and check your BP and eventualy status. By the way you can also bang the door :-)

... just chips and bad beer...
As it is Heineken (brewed in holland and not the french copy) I am not sure everyone would agree with you ;-)

Last edited by saraoutou; Apr 17, 2012 at 2:30 am Reason: multiquote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 3:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by saraoutou
(brewed in holland and not the french copy)
the "french copy" is brewed a hundred meters from my home... so I don't agree with YOU!!!
but I never drink the green beer, I much prefer "real" alsatian beers...
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: Many
or try:
123A
A123 ....
In BOD, the codes were indeed A319, A320 or B777 for some times. Now they are just regular codes.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Talking

the "french copy" is brewed a hundred meters from my home... so I don't agree with YOU!!!
but I never drink the green beer, I much prefer "real" alsatian beers...
A little beer (sorry a large bit) OT:
Alsacians should brew alsacians beer not "world company beer". Save private Kro.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarLim

You have indeed not to clear security again when transferring intra-Schengen. Transfer at LYS is really easy and fast, no comparison to CDG.

There is an AF transfer desk just beside the lounge, sometimes manned, sometimes not. You might also try just to open the door of the lounge, sometimes it's not closed correctly. Don't expect a lot of this lounge, it's like CDG 2G.
Thanks a lot guys! Its an intra Schengen transfer.

As LYS is already sort of a regional base for AF and it has a crappy lounge, does it mean that the three new regional bases can expect the same patio treatment?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seams faster to ring the bell, the "dragoon", often very sweet, will open you and check your BP and eventualy status. By the way you can also bang the door :-)
The lounge is unmanned, so you might not get a response by ringing a bell or knocking. Sometimes there isn't a single person there. Anyhow I usually sit in the Mont Blanc lounge at LYS which is full service. No green beer - beurk!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ajs123
does it mean that the three new regional bases can expect the same patio treatment?
With the notable exception of NCE which has a very acceptable contract lounge, MRS and TLS doesn't have any lounge for AF Schengen operations. Not even a patio !
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
With the notable exception of NCE which has a very acceptable contract lounge, MRS and TLS doesn't have any lounge for AF Schengen operations. Not even a patio !
Yep, in terms of lounges for French airports, I'd put:

NCE (decent contract lounge, including Champagne, free wifi, good coffee, and repetitive but relatively varied light food such as sandwiches, pissaladieres, pre-wrapped cheese, crepes, yoghurts, fruits, nibbles, couple of local sweet options and a full bar. Used to have a great beer selection too with Duvel and Chimay but they have sadly cut costs)

BOD non-Paris (rubbish contract lounge but always better than a patio)

LYS, ORY, BOD to Paris (Patio fine for a glass of Perrier and a free newspaper, rubbish for everything else incluidng rubbish beer, rubbish coffee, no food)

MRS, TLS (nothing at all)
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:51 am

... just chips and bad beer...
As it is Heineken (brewed in holland and not the french copy) I am not sure everyone would agree with you ;-)
You're right. Most people would not call it "beer" at all...

But honestly, I still remember the day AF replaced 1664 with the green stuff as one of the key dates on the downward slope.

Originally Posted by MarLim
Interesting. Is this now the case for all connections if you fly in from a Schengen destination? I have not connected at LYS for several years now, but I remember that having to go through security again was one of the things that put me off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.