FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   LYS - where to eat (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1336439-lys-where-eat.html)

ajs123 Apr 16, 2012 7:01 am

LYS - where to eat

I will be transiting through LYS next week with over two hours connecting time during lunch time. Any suugestions where I could get a good lunch without leaving the airport? The LYS website lists all that is on offer, but without much detail. And no, I do not plan to stop at Pizza Hut! ;)
And btw, how is the AF lounge? Will the food be more like CDG 2G or 2F/D?
Thanks!

stimpy Apr 16, 2012 9:31 am

I think Le Bec is the best. http://www.espace-lebec.com/

The AF lounge is a Patio (not a full service lounge) so just chips and bad beer. It's not manned so you need to get a code from check in. There are other full service lounges at LYS if you have Priority Pass.

ajs123 Apr 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 18402937)
I think Le Bec is the best. http://www.espace-lebec.com/

The AF lounge is a Patio (not a full service lounge) so just chips and bad beer. It's not manned so you need to get a code from check in. There are other full service lounges at LYS if you have Priority Pass.

Thanks stimpy! Does it mean that the only place I can get the AF lounge code is at check-in? i.e. will have to leave the airside part of the terminal and clear security?

stimpy Apr 16, 2012 2:06 pm

You'd have to go ground-side to eat at Le Bec. Are you coming and going with AF Schengen? If so you shouldn't have to re-do security, however I've never tried a transit at LYS so I don't really know.

If you see any AF ladies walking around you can get the code from them. Or just stand outside the door and wait for someone else to enter or exit.

AF680 Apr 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 18404784)
Or just stand outside the door and wait for someone else to enter or exit.

or try:
123A
A123 .... ;)

MarLim Apr 17, 2012 1:35 am

You'd have to go ground-side to eat at Le Bec. Are you coming and going with AF Schengen? If so you shouldn't have to re-do security, however I've never tried a transit at LYS so I don't really know.

If you see any AF ladies walking around you can get the code from them. Or just stand outside the door and wait for someone else to enter or exit.

You have indeed not to clear security again when transferring intra-Schengen. Transfer at LYS is really easy and fast, no comparison to CDG.

There is an AF transfer desk just beside the lounge, sometimes manned, sometimes not. You might also try just to open the door of the lounge, sometimes it's not closed correctly. Don't expect a lot of this lounge, it's like CDG 2G.

saraoutou Apr 17, 2012 2:25 am

Originally Posted by AF680 (Post 18404981)
or try:
123A
A123 .... ;)

Never got one of these :D

Or just stand outside the door and wait for someone else to enter or exit.

Seams faster to ring the bell, the "dragoon", often very sweet, will open you and check your BP and eventualy status. By the way you can also bang the door :-)

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 18402937)
... just chips and bad beer...

As it is Heineken (brewed in holland and not the french copy) I am not sure everyone would agree with you ;-)

AF680 Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am

Originally Posted by saraoutou (Post 18407936)
(brewed in holland and not the french copy)

the "french copy" is brewed a hundred meters from my home... so I don't agree with YOU!!! ;)
but I never drink the green beer, I much prefer "real" alsatian beers...

bodory Apr 17, 2012 4:27 am

Originally Posted by AF680 (Post 18404981)
or try:
123A
A123 .... ;)

:) In BOD, the codes were indeed A319, A320 or B777 for some times. Now they are just regular codes.

saraoutou Apr 17, 2012 4:36 am

Originally Posted by AF680 (Post 18408007)
the "french copy" is brewed a hundred meters from my home... so I don't agree with YOU!!! ;)
but I never drink the green beer, I much prefer "real" alsatian beers...

;) A little beer (sorry a large bit) OT:
Alsacians should brew alsacians beer not "world company beer". Save private Kro:D.

ajs123 Apr 17, 2012 5:21 am

Originally Posted by MarLim (Post 18407807)

You have indeed not to clear security again when transferring intra-Schengen. Transfer at LYS is really easy and fast, no comparison to CDG.

There is an AF transfer desk just beside the lounge, sometimes manned, sometimes not. You might also try just to open the door of the lounge, sometimes it's not closed correctly. Don't expect a lot of this lounge, it's like CDG 2G.

Thanks a lot guys! Its an intra Schengen transfer.

As LYS is already sort of a regional base for AF and it has a crappy lounge, does it mean that the three new regional bases can expect the same patio treatment?

stimpy Apr 17, 2012 6:16 am

Seams faster to ring the bell, the "dragoon", often very sweet, will open you and check your BP and eventualy status. By the way you can also bang the door :-)

The lounge is unmanned, so you might not get a response by ringing a bell or knocking. Sometimes there isn't a single person there. Anyhow I usually sit in the Mont Blanc lounge at LYS which is full service. No green beer - beurk!

Goldorak Apr 18, 2012 12:06 am

Originally Posted by ajs123 (Post 18408386)
does it mean that the three new regional bases can expect the same patio treatment?

With the notable exception of NCE which has a very acceptable contract lounge, MRS and TLS doesn't have any lounge for AF Schengen operations. Not even a patio !

orbitmic Apr 20, 2012 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 18414017)
With the notable exception of NCE which has a very acceptable contract lounge, MRS and TLS doesn't have any lounge for AF Schengen operations. Not even a patio !

Yep, in terms of lounges for French airports, I'd put:

NCE (decent contract lounge, including Champagne, free wifi, good coffee, and repetitive but relatively varied light food such as sandwiches, pissaladieres, pre-wrapped cheese, crepes, yoghurts, fruits, nibbles, couple of local sweet options and a full bar. Used to have a great beer selection too with Duvel and Chimay but they have sadly cut costs)

BOD non-Paris (rubbish contract lounge but always better than a patio)

LYS, ORY, BOD to Paris (Patio fine for a glass of Perrier and a free newspaper, rubbish for everything else incluidng rubbish beer, rubbish coffee, no food)

MRS, TLS (nothing at all)

Koby Apr 21, 2012 1:51 am

... just chips and bad beer...
As it is Heineken (brewed in holland and not the french copy) I am not sure everyone would agree with you ;-)

You're right. Most people would not call it "beer" at all... :D

But honestly, I still remember the day AF replaced 1664 with the green stuff as one of the key dates on the downward slope. :td: :p

Originally Posted by MarLim (Post 18407807)

Interesting. Is this now the case for all connections if you fly in from a Schengen destination? I have not connected at LYS for several years now, but I remember that having to go through security again was one of the things that put me off.