Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Affaires Seating 777-200 Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Affaires Seating 777-200 Question

Wife and I have seat assignments on flight from LAX to PPT on AF in Affaires--seats 1G & 1K (two aisle seats next to each other). It appears we can move to the back of the cabin, seats 5F & 5G---2 seats immediately next to each other, but 5F is obviously a middle seat. Any suggestions about staying put or moving? Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM
I haven't flown this route, but have friends who have. From my understanding, the J cabin on this flight usually goes out full. I believe this is because of pretty low fares from LAX. (Have seen +/- $2,300 round trip from LAX to PPT in J in the past.)

I would recommend taking the aisle and middle seat together. Figure the person sitting on the other aisle has aisle access so will not need to get out over you. If you take the two opposing aisles, not only are you not sitting together, you both will have people who need to climb over you for aisle access. (I guess only an issue when you have the seat reclined.) I'd keep an eye on the seat map and see if a set of two opens up. What is your travel date?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
ExpertFlyer now offers seat alerts for free, so I'd suggest signing up there. Through EF alerts, I managed to snag a window seat in row 60 on the A380 and 2A on the A330. It's kind of magical when the seat alert email comes in telling you that the seat you really, really wanted is now available
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by mtkeller
ExpertFlyer now offers seat alerts for free, so I'd suggest signing up there. Through EF alerts, I managed to snag a window seat in row 60 on the A380 and 2A on the A330. It's kind of magical when the seat alert email comes in telling you that the seat you really, really wanted is now available
I agree. Seat alerts are definitely worth the EF investment.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
What about 3B for CDG-IAD? This will be my first Affaires run and on the older DL 763 I go with 2C but on 764 I do 1A. I don't want to get into the middle section and the seatmap is pretty wide open at this point.

Last edited by Xeno; Apr 20, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.