Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walking route through CDG 2F to 2E

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
We can summarize by: Any Transit between 2E, 2F and 2G terminals do not require to go landside.
Old May 28, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Originally Posted by olivedel
We can summarize by: Any Transit between 2E, 2F and 2G terminals do not require to go landside.
Thanks (and to the person before too) for making it clear.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by corruptcanadian
Thanks (and to the person before too) for making it clear.
You're welcome
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
As a data point, I had a 2F to 2E (concourse L) connection last night, scheduled layover was 1hr10min. GVA - CDG - SIN.

My incoming flight was delayed by 45min so I exited the plane with 25min left. Jogging all the way past immigration it took exactly 15 mins to reach the L gate, so I managed to catch the onward flight.

Luggage didn't make it though YMMV, of course. I was flying Business so I was first off the incoming plane.

For anyone reading this and considering a similarly short connection, ALWAYS check the gate of your connection flight upon landing. My boarding pass upon check in at Geneva said the onward would be L4x but it turned out to be actually L2x.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Just flew from AF YYZ-cdg-AMS and landed at cdg on time. We landed the same time as the GRU flight so it was a bit busy but not too crowded. We landed at 2E and had to go to KLM in 2F gate M34. There was lots of walking involved and as we transferred terminals we went through security check along with all connecting passengers. We then walked over the sky walk (the gray connecting line on can map from 2E to 2F) and could see all the other planes coming in. We had duty free bottles and were worried we couldn't bring them through but we could. So I just put them in my carryon. Just before 2F is passport control (customs). Once done there voila you are in the other terminal (2F). Still a little walk to M gates we had an hour and a half connecting time. Everything landed/departed on time. My suggestion is 1.5 hours would be minimal connecting time for comfort. We had to finish our quick coffee in line to board! Our gates seemed opposite ends of terminals. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:28 am

Hi friends,

I fly from HaNoi - Amsterdam, with layover time in Paris (CDG) of 3 hours (from terminal 2E - Hall M to 2F).
I am holding Vietnamese passport. So, must i be checked by passport control (i mean immigration)? CDG or Schiphol airport?
Thank you very much for your help.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Your passport is officially checked whenever you enter or leave the Schengen Zone.

So, in your specific example, it will be checked at Paris.

Schengen Area as of 01/07/2013

Last edited by irishguy28; Aug 10, 2015 at 5:25 am
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:27 pm

Thank you very much for your help
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
How do I find out which gate in 2E I arrive at? I am flying in Sept on AF 379 YVR CDG (on a Monday if it matters) and then connecting to a HOP flight to GOA from 2G. Reading this thread, I know I can stay airside but is there any way to walk it? If not, there seem to be two different trains/shuttles (red or yellow) depending on which part of 2E one arrives in. I've tried all the flight trackers I know of but none give me gate numbers. Anyone know where AF379 arrives? And is it possible to walk to 2G? In business class with carry on only. I have 2 1/2 hours; any chance of a lounge visit (and which is closest) or will it take me that long to transit?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Finkface
How do I find out which gate in 2E I arrive at? I am flying in Sept on AF 379 YVR CDG (on a Monday if it matters) and then connecting to a HOP flight to GOA from 2G. Reading this thread, I know I can stay airside but is there any way to walk it? If not, there seem to be two different trains/shuttles (red or yellow) depending on which part of 2E one arrives in. I've tried all the flight trackers I know of but none give me gate numbers. Anyone know where AF379 arrives? And is it possible to walk to 2G? In business class with carry on only. I have 2 1/2 hours; any chance of a lounge visit (and which is closest) or will it take me that long to transit?
No way to know your arrival gate in advance. You will arrive in 2E, but it can be anywhere in K, L or M concourse. It's not possible to walk to 2G ==> bus mandatory.
You should have time for a lounge visit in 2G (your only possibility), but unfortunately for you, this lounge is total crap and does not deserve a visit at all (but you can judge by yourself ).
paris1000 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
No way to know your arrival gate in advance. You will arrive in 2E, but it can be anywhere in K, L or M concourse. It's not possible to walk to 2G ==> bus mandatory.
You should have time for a lounge visit in 2G (your only possibility), but unfortunately for you, this lounge is total crap and does not deserve a visit at all (but you can judge by yourself ).
Thanks, Goldorak. I had heard about the crap lounge in 2G but was hoping there was an alternative.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:26 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Thanks, Goldorak. I had heard about the crap lounge in 2G but was hoping there was an alternative.
Depending on the length of your connection and your status/class of travel, you can pay a visit to the 2C arrivals lounge which is way better than the 2G lounge
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by olivedel
Depending on the length of your connection and your status/class of travel, you can pay a visit to the 2C arrivals lounge which is way better than the 2G lounge
2 1/2 hours and in business. I also hold an EU passport (along with a Canadian one) if that helps. No status on AF
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

2 1/2 hours and in business. I also hold an EU passport (along with a Canadian one) if that helps. No status on AF
The EU passport doesn't help, as you are in J, you can use the fast track lane SkyPriority/Accès N°1 for immigration (whatever your citizenship) and security.
But with 2.5 hours, you could try the arrival lounge in 2C, but only if you are on-time from YVR (as doing this will involve significant walking times). And if you are not familiar with CDG, with "only" 2.5 hrs, I suggest you to go straight to 2G, to play it safe.
paris1000 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
The EU passport doesn't help, as you are in J, you can use the fast track lane SkyPriority/Accès N°1 for immigration (whatever your citizenship) and security.
But with 2.5 hours, you could try the arrival lounge in 2C, but only if you are on-time from YVR (as doing this will involve significant walking times). And if you are not familiar with CDG, with "only" 2.5 hrs, I suggest you to go straight to 2G, to play it safe.
Yes, that's sort of what I figured. And I specifically booked AF flights that have the new 'Best' seats so the lounge isn't that big of a deal. Unless, of course, they change the equipment on me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.