Hub 2012, satellite S4 and future CDG2 developments

Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:58 pm

I wonder how long the Arrivals lounge will remain in 2C, as it appears most LH pax will arrive in 2e s3 or s4.

Since it's the only city-side lounge, I would imagine it will stay for a while.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bucknjeff
I wonder how long the Arrivals lounge will remain in 2C, as it appears most LH pax will arrive in 2e s3 or s4.

Since it's the only city-side lounge, I would imagine it will stay for a while.
This was addressed during the CDG DO and you can find information in the corresponding thread. Basically, AF has intention to move it to 2E, but not immediately (due to other priorities and current financial problems of AF). So will probably remain in 2C until 2014.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This was addressed during the CDG DO and you can find information in the corresponding thread. Basically, AF has intention to move it to 2E, but not immediately (due to other priorities and current financial problems of AF). So will probably remain in 2C until 2014.
Thanks, Goldorak! Found it.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:53 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Some photographs, specifically of the new salon Air France in these press reviews (in French, sorry):

http://www.journal-aviation.com/actu...s-au-s4-de-cdg

http://psk.blog.24heures.ch/archive/...e-d-embar.html

http://www.goldenflyer.com/actualite...-actu2173.html

The Air France S4 photo gallery within the S4 webpages

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Thanks JOUY31, nice mini-site.
I like this drawing of the future unified security checkpoint in 2F.
Are there plans to create a unified checkpoint for 2E, while connecting passengers from Schengen countries will be allowed to board their plane in CDG without re-clearing security?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
A few hours (hopefully ) before Sophie's report on her visit to S4 with accredited journalists, here is her photo gallery of her flight and visit.

Many thanks, Sophie! ^

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2019992&type=1

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 27, 2012 at 3:48 pm
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by olivedel
Thanks JOUY31, nice mini-site.
I like this drawing of the future unified security checkpoint in 2F.
The usual: esthetically very appealing, but devoid of any practical thinking of what day-to-day operations look like. I hope that by the time they open it they'll put in place things like benches for people to sit/wait on, separators that will create a single-queue system, a clock, a departure board overhead to see which flight leaves from which gate and its status, dustbins to throw the trash away, etc.

But to give them credit, it looks nice.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

A detail that was mentioned during our visit of S4 in April is the fact that the setup for the jetways accommodating the A380 will be different from the one in S3. For people who are not familiar with S3, you have to go up one level before entering the jetway if you are seated on the upper deck. In S4, the jetways will apparently be connected to the same level of the satellite.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 3:43 am
Original Poster

It seems six flights used S4 one day before the official opening, among which a flight to PVG and a flight to MEX. The first official flight on the opening day was a flight to JFK.

http://www.leparisien.fr/economie/le...12-2069118.php
Old Jun 28, 2012, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
A new fashion and luxury avenue at Paris Charles de Gaulle

As with the opening of the junction between terminals 2A and 2C, in early 2012, and with the opening of Terminal 2E at Charles de Gaulle Airport, Aroports de Paris opts for the reference to leading Parisian shopping areas. This time, with the Satellite 4, it is inspired by the world of department stores but also from the main avenues of the capital of luxury.

The space, designed by global design agency Saguez & Partners, offers to travelers on long haul flights to Asia and the Americas 6,000 square meters of shops, food kiosks and relaxation areas.

Upon arrival, the traveler crosses the 2,200 square meters of Buy Paris Duty Free shop. The signage, which has the codes of department stores, highlights both French food and cosmetics, with four corners dedicated to Chanel, Dior, Guerlain and Lancme. The space also offers brands like Kiehl's, The Body Shop and Essie (with a Nails Bar) and an "espace crateurs" with brands like Marc Jacobs and Serge Lutens.

After leaving the Buy Paris Duty Free shop, travelers lead to a large central area where are located the food kiosks of Ladure, Paul, La Maison du Chocolat, but also the first airport Fnac store (books, electronics, music).

Finally, Aroportuaire, the company which manages commercial lots at the airport, has created a space for fashion and luxury. With the "L'Avenue", which is clearly inspired by the Avenue Montaigne with its beige awnings in front of each boutique, 1,500 square meters are dedicated to leading luxury brands.

There will be the traditional brands in the airport business, like Salvatore Ferragamo, Bulgari, Herms, Lancel, Longchamp, Burberry or Ralph Lauren, which will have 100 square meters boutiques. But L'Avenue will also welcome newcomers, like Tod's, Chlo, Bottega Veneta and Miu Miu, which will open its first boutique in a French airport.

Finally, to complete this offer, a Paris Buy Multi-Brand store will promote Parisian chic through dedicated corners. At the entry of the multi-brand store, Repetto develops its new concept of furniture dedicated to "travel retail". Followed by Vanessa Bruno, Zadig & Voltaire, Marc by Marc Jacobs and Grard Darel, but also Lacoste and Hugo Boss. Swarovski and Tumi luggage and complete this offer, while a pop-up store, the center of the space, will host other brands for a limited period of time.

Source: Fashion Mag (in French)
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Well now CDG competes with LHR in a whole new way! Or should I say AF's 2E competes with BA's T5. I'm not a shopper but it all looks impressive. I don't have any AF longhaul scheduled til mid August, but I'll certainly give it a full comparison then. BA's T5 I know extremely well and I'll be there again in a week or so.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:07 pm

Is this for long-haul only or will it be used for intraeuropean flights as well?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Is this for long-haul only or will it be used for intraeuropean flights as well?
S4 is for long-haul only. Non-Schengen, intra-European flights usually depart from the main 2E pier and arrive there. Occasionally, they can arrive at S3.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
And from hat I've seen at the DO, S3 (edit: S4) could be one Europe's finest terminals. Whilst still covered in plastic and construction, it all looked very lounge (as in a big variety of comfy seats well arranged all over the place), light (as in daylight everywhere) spacious and pleasant to me.

Last edited by Zembla; Jun 28, 2012 at 2:40 pm
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Sophie has published her report of the press visit to S4 (in French):

http://sophiefigenwald.wordpress.com...ite-s4-de-cdg/

Thanks, Sophie ! Eagerly waiting for the next installment on the new Salon Air France ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.