Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hub 2012, satellite S4 and future CDG2 developments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by chrissxb
no. but there will be a presentation to the press soon and I guess they'll publish the info then.
I love insider information! ^^
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Have you been trading on the info? Buying or selling ?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by brunos
Have you been trading on the info? Buying or selling ?
I would buy ADP stock if I could (it is a badly mis-managed public sector behemoth with arrogant management - but traffic will grow and they'll use their position to rake in monopoly benefits), and I'd sell Air France stock if I had some (it is a badly mis-managed quasi public-sector behemoth with arrogant management - traffic will grow but there is no monopoly so the margin creation will happen elsewhere).

What do you think Monsieur le Professeur?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
transfers to 2G

given that you're mentioning that there will be an incoming immigration check in 2G, does this mean that ADP is planning to replace the landside connection to 2G with an airside one? Bus or train?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 6:46 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by cygnus
given that you're mentioning that there will be an incoming immigration check in 2G, does this mean that ADP is planning to replace the landside connection to 2G with an airside one? Bus or train?
Bus, I am afraid.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think the plan - which will essentially to move all AF Schengen flights to 2F (except regional jets which remain in sad 2G) and all AF non-Schengen flights to 2E (including S3 and S4) will smooth things out and reduce my much hated 'you were supposed to arrive at 2X but you'll arrive at 2Y instead!

AF and partners are definitely moving towards the East of terminal 2 and I think that the changes will also bring nice new lounges (I think the S3 one is nice, and hopefully, whatever will be at S4 will be nice too and of course we all hope that a new arrivals lounge will be built closer to the new centre of gravity of AF operations).

Only issue I can think of is that 2E+S3+S4 is likely to be called terminal E and I hope they make gates labelling clearer as I have heard many people getting confused by the two 'parts' of 2E (effectively two entirely different terminals) and this could get worse with the opening of S4... For the rest, I think the hub 2012 should be a nicer/easier place to transit than CDG is now.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Myway Aéroports de Paris: 2E, 2F, TGV station and premium car parks in 2E&2F

http://www.airport-business.com/2011...rt-wayfinding/

October 2011
Recognising the benefits of simplified wayfinding, Aéroports de Paris has recently introduced the ‘My Way Aéroports de Paris’ smartphone application. This ‘app’ covers an area of 200,000sqm and currently covers Paris-Charles de Gaulle’s Terminals 2E and 2F, the TGV railway station and the Premium sector of the 2E and 2F car parks.

Divided into four sections – Routes, Leisure, Services and Favourites – it allows passengers to determine their position in the terminal; obtain directions to various useful destinations; obtain information about the location of leisure and services areas; and save past searches in the Favourites section for future reference.

(...)

“With this app, you know where you are in the airport, it includes points of interest, it’s totally intuitive, and it can direct you right to your boarding gate,” explained Olivier Tarneaud, Head of Marketing, Aéroports de Paris.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
How is this different from the existing ADP app that I've had for a long time now?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Unless I am mistaken, it is the application that was introduced in July for Android smartphones.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, the one I downloaded a while back was for Iphones.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:57 am
Original Poster

CDG Express discussion has been moved to a new thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...owing-out.html

Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
AF/KL co-moderator

Last edited by JOUY31; Mar 5, 2012 at 5:35 am
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:08 am
Original Poster

From an interview of Pierre Graff, ADP Chairman and CEO.

Les Echos
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JOUY31
  • [*]
Really? An entire terminal at CDG for Easyjet? That sounds extremely expensive and not their normal business plan. And if 2B does become the Easyjet terminal, what would be the point in building a new link from it to 2D?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Hub 2012 changes for Air France
http://ompldr.org/vZDFrZg/Hub2012-AF-en.pdf
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mokshu
Hub 2012 changes for Air France
http://ompldr.org/vZDFrZg/Hub2012-AF-en.pdf
Nice . Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.