Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

[Confirmed] New strike Oct 29-Nov 2

http://www.la-croix.com/Actualite/S-...1-10-10-721479

(in French)
Old Oct 14, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Next possible wave of strikes at Air France: October 29-November 2

Some of the FA unions have announced that they want to go on strike October 29-November 2. Not confirmed yet though. As usual these dates correlate with vacation dates in France.

Claims by the unions:

- stop the reduction of staffing levels on longhaul
- keep staffing levels at 4 FA on shorthaul
- do not pursue with planned changes to the way work is "organized" (read: rosters, working hours, salary).

Maybe someone with some insight can inform this forum about the likelihood and impact of these strikes.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: DL Platinum
I would like to know what is likely to happen. Are flights cancelled, delayed?
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tfox
I would like to know what is likely to happen. Are flights cancelled, delayed?
Nobody will know until the day before the beginning of the strike. It will all depends on how many FA will go on strike. For the potential disruptions, it can go from no disruption at all to total chaos.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Worst case scenario would be 30% of MH flights cancelled.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Nobody will know until the day before the beginning of the strike. It will all depends on how many FA will go on strike. For the potential disruptions, it can go from no disruption at all to total chaos.
I would bet that the management will yield as they did this summer, in part because of pressure from French politicians who were afraid that their family vacations would be disturbed. But bookings might suffer.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Many thanks for the responses. I am working for a week in Stockholm, then flying ARN-CDG on Oct 29, and Delta CDG-MSP on Oct 31. I hope to not be stuck in Stockholm! I was really hoping to spend a day in Paris!
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by tfox
Many thanks for the responses. I am working for a week in Stockholm, then flying ARN-CDG on Oct 29, and Delta CDG-MSP on Oct 31. I hope to not be stuck in Stockholm! I was really hoping to spend a day in Paris!
The risk that I would personally avoid is a same-day rather-short transfer in CDG as your incoming flight might be canceled/delayed if the strike is on. But with a couple of days you will be fine (although might be severely delayed in ARN)
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FT, HHonors Diamond
The main cabin crew union at Air France (UNAC) has just lifted the threat of strike over next week-end.

See this article in Challenges (in French)
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
If the strike actually goes on, will AF subsidiaries e.g. BritAir / Regional / Airlinair be impacted?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by Q-STO
If the strike actually goes on, will AF subsidiaries e.g. BritAir / Regional / Airlinair be impacted?
No not at all. Only AF operated flights will be impacted.

By the way, CityJet cabin crews are on strike since a few days, resulting in a few disruptions in the schedule.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Etihad Silver (bad move)
Originally Posted by Mokshu
No not at all. Only AF operated flights will be impacted.

By the way, CityJet cabin crews are on strike since a few days, resulting in a few disruptions in the schedule.
By any chance will this impact CDG DUB flights tomorrow? I don't mind. A little extra time in Paris is always welcome.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
OMg - I am flying cityjet to Paris on November 3rd to catch a delta flight to Atlanta...to meet up with my boyfriend....do you think everything will be ok?? I am panicing now
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:28 pm

CityJet movement has ended yesterday, so no troubles for AF flights operated by WX.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Mokshu
CityJet movement has ended yesterday, so no troubles for AF flights operated by WX.

Thanks for the reassurance Mokshu...I have not seen my boyfriend in months and the thought of all these strikes is stressing me out

Last edited by tiffanygirl; Oct 26, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.