Community
Wiki Posts
Search

air france premium voyageur?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

air france premium voyageur?

Any opinions? I'm flying to Paris on a boeing 777-200 in September, and wondering how it will be.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:42 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
graveswood, welcome to FlyerTalk! Your question is specific to Air France and I'll move it to the forum for that airline. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
More space, nicer seat and quieter cabin. But it's definitely closer to Economy than to Business. Nevertheless, Nowadays I always fly Premium Voyageur if I cannot fly Business. I think it's definitely worth the price ( in particular when you factor in the extra miles). Actually, while I would say for many airlines that Premium Economy is not worth the extra money (compared with Economy), AF's Premium Voyageur is so reasonably priced that for me it always makes sense (unless I am flying Business, of course).
Old Aug 17, 2011, 6:09 am

You will be fine - just don't expect Business Class comfort and service.

However, I find Premium Voyageur to be one of the nicest Premium Economy cabins around. It is modelled on the Affaires cabin with "shell seats", noise cancelling headphones, more room than normal Voyageur etc.

Food and drink is exactly the same as in the back.

Last edited by seat_1a; Aug 17, 2011 at 6:29 am
Old Aug 17, 2011, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the welcome and the info. Since I don't fly enough to have the points, and don't want to pay the additional $!,500 business each way (on any airline), this appears to be my best upgrade option, allowing more space, less folk in the cabin and maybe a little less noise. If there's another option out there between Houston and Paris, that I'm missing, Id' appreciate the info.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:47 am

I would not think of a better option. I also fly PV now rather than Y, it is an acceptable price difference. You will enjoy the quiet and space, as well as the amenity kit, larger pillow and better blanket. And priority check-in and boarding. Have a good trip!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:16 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Is there a curtain between Y and PV? Which lavatories do PV pax use?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:11 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
Originally Posted by LY777
Is there a curtain between Y and PV? Which lavatories do PV pax use?
Yes there is a curtain, you're supposed to use the eco toilets which can be an obstacal course to get to on over night flights (lights dimmed and legs out).
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by Andy49
can be an obstacal course to get to on over night flights (lights dimmed and legs out).

.....and that's just the flight attendants!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by Andy49
Yes there is a curtain, you're supposed to use the eco toilets which can be an obstacal course to get to on over night flights (lights dimmed and legs out).
...or a real pleasure if you're a bit of a sadist and likes to wake up people by knocking their legs off ! :-)
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by graveswood
Any opinions? I'm flying to Paris on a boeing 777-200 in September, and wondering how it will be.
Just curious... did you end up going with PV? i'm wondering about whether the $200 price difference btwn economy and PV is worth it.

Is it worth paying $28/hr for the additional comfort of a 7hr flight (for me it'd be JFK/CDG)
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by barely_flying
Just curious... did you end up going with PV? i'm wondering about whether the $200 price difference btwn economy and PV is worth it.

Is it worth paying $28/hr for the additional comfort of a 7hr flight (for me it'd be JFK/CDG)
Although I actually bought Alize tickets before, I would pay the difference. Compared to Alize it's the same, only no C-class food...which was then still happening for Alize.

Bought 2 PV tickets for an CDG-SFO flight in december. I don't sleep that much, but do watch a lot of entertainment (on a bigger screen) and like the more private feel of the cabin and silence. (compared to Y)
Old Sep 3, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA, BA, AF, Marriott, Radisson, Priority Club (Gold), HHonors
We'll be flying PV CDG/SFO on Sept 24th - we booked in February so it only cost us a minimal difference - about €500 extra for two seats. Now, our route is double what we paid For us, I think it's worth it as The Hubs is not a happy flyer and it's the longest flight he's ever been on. The cabin is much more private & spacious than standard AF squished economy and the more comfortable seat sealed the deal. For once he's not freaking out about the flight but is actually looking forward to it.

Full trip report when we return...
Old Sep 5, 2011, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Babaduck
We'll be flying PV CDG/SFO on Sept 24th - we booked in February so it only cost us a minimal difference - about €500 extra for two seats. Now, our route is double what we paid For us, I think it's worth it as The Hubs is not a happy flyer and it's the longest flight he's ever been on. The cabin is much more private & spacious than standard AF squished economy and the more comfortable seat sealed the deal. For once he's not freaking out about the flight but is actually looking forward to it.

Full trip report when we return...
I think that PV is a good product, quite an ideal one for the long day flight CDG/SFO (small cabin, wider seat, legroom, good IFE).

It is definitely worth the extra spending.

It is sad it is so poorly marketed.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jmbfrance
It is sad it is so poorly marketed.
Why ? They did quite a lot of advertising.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.