Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France BOS Lounge worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Air France BOS Lounge worth it?

I apologize in advance if these specific questions have been asked. I''ve been reading this board for a while, and tried searching, but couldn't find anything.

I'll be flying premium voyageur next Sunday night from BOS-CDG. I am well aware that premium voyageur doesn't include free lounge access in Boston, but i'm curious if it's worth paying for it? How much does it even cost? The Airfrance website says from $35-$50, but which one is it? Beyond that do you guys think it's worth paying the cost? I'm well aware the lounge is big, but based on the reviews seems like I might be better off paying for a hot meal and a drink or two at one of the terminal E restaurants and sacrifice some peace and quiet? Thanks again for the help.

ws121
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
IMO it worth it but I can't tell you if it is $35 or $50, as I have free access to it as being plat. It's a nice and vast lounge. It used to be used also by AZ and more recently also by LH and Swiss. I was in 10 days ago and there were many LH pax for FRA (departing at the same time as the 1st AF flight for CDG).
During my last visit, I noticed that they greatly improved the food offering consisting in cold cuts, cheese, sandwiches, etc (no hot meal).
Outside the lounge, do not expect to have any "nice meal". BOS term E is extremely boring in term of shopping and the food offering is very very basic. And the waiting room becomes rapidly very crowded and noisy (this terminal is rather small for all the A340, B777 and B747 that depart from here), so the lounge is really appreciated .
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
You have two SkyTeam lounges in Boston, Logan International Airport

Delta Sky Club Terminal A, between gates 17 and 18 from 05:00 to 19:30

Air France Lounge 3rd floor, opposite gate 3B from 14:00 to 30 minutes before departure of the last Air France flight
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by delanotre
You have two SkyTeam lounges in Boston, Logan International Airport

Delta Sky Club Terminal A, between gates 17 and 18 from 05:00 to 19:30

Air France Lounge 3rd floor, opposite gate 3B from 14:00 to 30 minutes before departure of the last Air France flight
Yes but the OP is flying on AF, so only AF lounge in term E can be used in this case.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes but the OP is flying on AF, so only AF lounge in term E can be used in this case.
Yes, thanks.
Just information to know
Old Oct 16, 2011, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Where does the DL BOS-LHR flight leave from? Can pax on that flight use the AF lounge?
Old Oct 16, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Where does the DL BOS-LHR flight leave from? Can pax on that flight use the AF lounge?
It leaves from Terminal A (the Delta one), so no luck getting into the AF lounge.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:48 pm

Unless you will be there for an unusually long time before the flight, I would pass on the lounge.

Buy a meal in the terminal, a few magazines, a cheap souvenir and still have a few bucks left over. Find a reclined seat in the terminal (the ones by gates 3 are usually empty) and relax before the flight.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: Amex,Citi
Flying out of Logan on IcelandAir, will have option to use the Air France lounge.

How is the Air France lounge looking these days?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by ChicagoKev
Flying out of Logan on IcelandAir, will have option to use the Air France lounge.

No need to ask twice the same question and in the same forum.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
No need to ask twice the same question and in the same forum.
I guess he wanted to check if you were consistent in your answers./
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by carnarvon
I guess he wanted to check if you were consistent in your answers./
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: Amex,Citi
In my experience, many users pretty much only browse a few forums and their subscribed threads, rather than looking for new posts in each and every subforum on Flyertalk...
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:23 pm

In my experience, many users pretty much only browse a few forums and their subscribed threads, rather than looking for new posts in each and every subforum on Flyertalk...
a) You posted in the same forum!
b) Threads with new posts appear in bold. And obviously, you want everybody's opinion and not only that of people who "subscribed" everything on the BOS lounge.
c) Double-posting not allowed by FT rules.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Review just posted in the AF lounge thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25279855-post135.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.