Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades for Cash on AF??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by GuillaumeD
I was offered the upgrade to NRT mid-august, on the infamous AF278 flight
why is it an infamous flight (just curious) ?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Just read in the other post that the upgrade offer cannot be made if "special request" has been placed. Does this include special meals? I'm in PV with a vegetarian meal request placed, so I wonder if I should get rid of it.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by GuillaumeD
I was offered the upgrade to NRT mid-august, on the infamous AF278 flight (Dep. 23.35 in a 77W)
169EUR Y->W
389EUR Y->J.
I had to decline it as I was not sure to fly.
No offer on the return AF277. The flight was full due to the connection from NOU.
A friend was offered the upgrade on the A380 AF276 flight.
Thanks, hope to get an offer, going to NRT on Sep. 7th. But still trying to convince my organization that a J ticket would great value for a 4 day trip :-)

Why do think AF278 is infamous. AF277 has a bad reputation due to its duration (though I like it because you get a full night) but the never heard anything about 277 which I fly very regularly.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:16 pm
Suspended

So how does one receive an upgrade offer by email? Is there is check-mark on the airfrance.us webpage that you select when making a booking? I assume you must enter a 24/7 contact phone number as well (no idea what time of day they would call).
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
So how does one receive an upgrade offer by email? Is there is check-mark on the airfrance.us webpage that you select when making a booking? I assume you must enter a 24/7 contact phone number as well (no idea what time of day they would call).
just getting out of the previously mentioned NRT-CDG flight. did not get any email offer, just flew in standard W. My neighbor had a non working video screen and was moved to business for the night (he got back for landing). My screen wasn't working either but they told me they did not have another available seat in business. Despite that, *very* professional and friendly staff.

to answer your question, you do not need a 24/7 contact except that you should carefully read your email. If you receive one, you need to give them a reliable contact. Good luck.

Going from Charybde to Scylla: J on 388 last week, W this week on 777 and Eco on KLM 74M next fortnight :-)
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by guillaumem
...to answer your question, you do not need a 24/7 contact except that you should carefully read your email. If you receive one, you need to give them a reliable contact. Good luck.
You partly answered my question. I still don't know where on the airfrance.us page can I elect to receive an email for an upgrade.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
You partly answered my question. I still don't know where on the airfrance.us page can I elect to receive an email for an upgrade.
Well, there is nothing to do to be eligible for such an offer. As long as they have your mail address they can contact you ... or not. I fly AF long haul about once a month and I only received this offer once, maybe you shouldn't expect too much from this.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: Accor Le Club
I don't remember having seen this reported yet: it is now possible to purchase upgrades directly on the website, without calling AF.

Another point worth knowing is that there are sometimes more upgrade possibilities than indicated in the e-mail. In my case, 24 hrs before departure I was offered a 329 EUR Voyageur to Business upgrade on HKG-CDG. That's a little over the price I would value those upgrades. But by clicking on the "purchase" link, it became possible to upgrade to Premium Voyageur for 189 EUR, which I chose ^.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Airlib
I don't remember having seen this reported yet: it is now possible to purchase upgrades directly on the website, without calling AF.
yes, this is new. AF explained me this new feature when I had my "vis ma vie" day at CDG recently (prize won during the DO). Thanks for reporting. Now we know it's operational
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: AF, UA, BA/IB, VS, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
does anyone know if this is ticket stock specific?

there have been reports of skymiles award tickets getting the upgrade offer.

i specifically purchased a ticket in PV on 057 ticket stock hoping for the upgrade email which has yet to come.

on the flip side, being on 057 stock is preventing me from getting my domestic upgrade on DL.

do I hold out hoping for the upgrade on 057 ticket stock, or is there no difference between 057, and 006 in terms of getting the upgrade email?

i also contacted them regarding the upgrade and they sent me an auto response saying that the [email protected] email no longer works....

thanks in advance
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: AF PLAT

Just upgraded to Business on CDG- SIN , on the website. Exactly 48 hrs before the flight take off this upgrade offer appeared in my reservation - its a large star with the word upgrade next to it. The plane ix heavily overbooked, wonder if i will have the same luck as last month, bumped to first at the gate
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
How much did you have to pay?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:42 am

350 usd / person, from PV class A. Got it for me and my wife. Im Plat, she is Gold. Its A380, so should be good.

In total, it's my 6th upgrade PV-Business this year. Paid it 3 times, 3 times got it for free.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
A good bargain for such a long flight. That's a good way for AF to fill their premium cabin, but it is a huge discount to any usual biz fare.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:52 pm

The flight is heavily overbooked. Im pretty sure there will be some pax that wont be able to get onboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.