Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades for Cash on AF??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:00 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
DUS-CDG: No offer to DL Platinum and DL Gold, upgrade offer (89 Euros) to non-status passengers. Of course they didn't take it as it was not worth it. We were happy to have the spinach and cream cheese sandwich in the back
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
DL "accidentally" reissued my PE ticket onto 006 stock. Wonder if I'll still be eligible for an offer upon check-in later today?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
DL "accidentally" reissued my PE ticket onto 006 stock. Wonder if I'll still be eligible for an offer upon check-in later today?
All my AF tickets have been on 006 stock and I have received upgrade offers at check-in multiple times.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ShopAround
All my AF tickets have been on 006 stock and I have received upgrade offers at check-in multiple times.
Same here.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Air France OLCI Upgrade Offer

I am flying LHR > CDG > HND tomorrow evening in Premium Economy and I've been offered Ł322 to upgrade the CDG > HND flight to Business during online check in. I am tempted to take this as it's a night flight and I will have been at work all day however I have a couple of quick questions:

Will I get increased level miles? The PE seat is just short of taking me up to the next level

Will I get business class service at LHR i.e. lounge although I will be on an economy ticket for LHR > CDG?

I presume I will get lounge at CDG although I only have 85 mins?

And is there any chance that the price will come down in the next 24 hours? Currently most of the seats in business are showing as free.

Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
We have a long-running thread for AF upgrade offers and questions - in the appropriate place, the AF thread - which is usually not difficult to find as it rarely falls off the first page.

I will ask that your question be moved in there.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...s-cash-af.html

Originally Posted by edlouth
And is there any chance that the price will come down in the next 24 hours? Currently most of the seats in business are showing as free.
If you didn't already accept the offer, I suspect that some other lucky soul has already taken it.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:21 am

Apologies you are right, I had looked through said thread although I was struggling to find the information I was after given the large number of pages. Is there a way to move my question myself, or is this something for a moderator to do?

As an aside I have paid for the upgrade although I had to click through the email again to get back into the online check-in flow.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:46 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Threads merged
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

Will I get increased level miles? The PE seat is just short of taking me up to the next level

Will I get business class service at LHR i.e. lounge although I will be on an economy ticket for LHR > CDG?

I presume I will get lounge at CDG although I only have 85 mins?

Thanks
1: No extra miles, this is treated as an upgrade. You'll earn on your original fare basis.
2: Unsure of lounge at LHR
3: Yes, lounge at CDG is OK but time won't allow for much of a visit
4: Unlikely to reduce in price
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:30 am

Thanks for this, sad to hear I won't get more miles but at least I know where I stand.

Interestingly my boarding pass says Sky Priority against both flights so I am hopeful about getting in at LHR, as you say not much time at CDG.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks for this, sad to hear I won't get more miles but at least I know where I stand.

Interestingly my boarding pass says Sky Priority against both flights so I am hopeful about getting in at LHR, as you say not much time at CDG.
Sky Priority is not enough to enter the lounge, but you have nothing to loose to try. SkyP will give you for sure Priority check-in and boarding at LHR.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
This might exist since a long time, but first time that I realized that the price for an upgrade is quite different when you buy it the day before or during check-in. For my yesterday's flight I got an upgrade offer for J class for 600 euros 2 days before the flight via e-mail. During check-in I got the same offer for 400 euros.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
MarLim of course the online offer was guaranteed, hold out for the airport offer and the cabin might have been full.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MarLim
This might exist since a long time, but first time that I realized that the price for an upgrade is quite different when you buy it the day before or during check-in. For my yesterday's flight I got an upgrade offer for J class for 600 euros 2 days before the flight via e-mail. During check-in I got the same offer for 400 euros.
Strange indeed. I have 2 experiences where it was the same price. Was that Y to J or W to J ? And can you tell us which route ?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Swampz64
MarLim of course the online offer was guaranteed, hold out for the airport offer and the cabin might have been full.
the online offer is not guaranteed. It has happened to me several times to see the e-mail a few hrs after they sent it and the offer was not available anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.