Upgrades for Cash on AF??

Old May 23, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Thumbs up Upgraded class miles credited

Originally Posted by albireo
Flying WAW-CDG on an Economy K fare, was offered C upgrade at online check-in for 55€. Took it.
... and checking my FB account, I had the pleasant surprise to see that it was credited 1660 status miles (200%), whereas I expected only 75% corresponding to the paid fare (eco K).

Last edited by albireo; May 23, 2016 at 5:30 am
Old May 24, 2016, 1:29 am
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
Just took an offer of $364 cnd to upgrade from PE to Business on flight from CDG to YVR
Flying out tomorrow
Old May 24, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
... and checking my FB account, I had the pleasant surprise to see that it was credited 1660 status miles (200%), whereas I expected only 75% corresponding to the paid fare (eco K).
Good for you, but really weird, because 250% should have been posted, not 200%.
But anyways, you should have received the 75% credit you deserve, so it is still great
Old May 24, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Originally Posted by olivedel
Good for you, but really weird, because 250% should have been posted, not 200%.
Yes indeed. There is no hint in the statement about the basis for mileage accrual, so we will probably never know... the only thing I can tell is that the original K fare was negociated for my employer and bought through our corporate TA (but I don't see why this would matter).
Attached Images  
Old May 24, 2016, 3:42 am

Yes indeed. There is no hint in the statement about the basis for mileage accrual, so we will probably never know... the only thing I can tell is that the original K fare was negociated for my employer and bought through our corporate TA (but I don't see why this would matter).
Mind having a look at KL website? They will specify the booking class associated with the milage accrual
Old May 24, 2016, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Mind having a look at KL website? They will specify the booking class associated with the milage accrual
Good idea. Here is what I get -- but out of curiosity, what do they mean with Y1 as a fare class ?
Attached Images  
Old May 24, 2016, 7:28 am

Good idea. Here is what I get -- but out of curiosity, what do they mean with Y1 as a fare class ?
I don't know what the 1 stands for, see Class M1?, but at least it shows Y and is then consistent with the 200% accrual as per https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-...ir-france.html

Was there anything unusual with the upgrade at OLCI that might have triggered this? Or was it a simple select your business class, pay for it, print your boarding pass...
Old May 24, 2016, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Was there anything unusual with the upgrade at OLCI that might have triggered this? Or was it a simple select your business class, pay for it, print your boarding pass...
Nothing unusual -- see the receipt
Attached Images  
Old May 29, 2016, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
€443 for YUL-CDG from discounted Y to J. Not bad, took it
Old May 29, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
700 euro from PE to J DXB to CDG at the airport. No offer at OLCI. Didn't take it.
Old May 29, 2016, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by flipside
700 euro from PE to J DXB to CDG at the airport. No offer at OLCI. Didn't take it.
unbelievable !!
Old May 30, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
€443 for YUL-CDG from discounted Y to J. Not bad, took it
Me too. Offered at the check-in counter at YUL.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by olivedel
Me too. Offered at the check-in counter at YUL.
I know
Old May 31, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: MP Silver / DM /SkyMiles
Sorry for the newbie questions.

Flown AF several times IAD-CDG (either in Y or PE), but have no status with them. Have done TA Biz Class, but not on AF previously. Anyway, wife and I are booked this summer for IAD-CDG-BOM, Econ outbound, J on return. Deeply discounted both ways (V and Z, respectively). Is it possible/likely, I will be offered an upgrade purchase option via email from AF? Do I have to contact AF first to ask to be included in offers? I have used various upgrade services on SAS or Lufthansa, but inexperienced with AF. I think I got one or two with AF during OLCI in the past (perhaps from PE to J), but don't recall the details. Would any offers be per leg, or would they perhaps do them together? I'm guessing for the pittance I paid for these tickets, the offers would be way too high and so we'll just have to wait for return trip from India to experience AF's Business Class and slum it in coach outbound.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by mikepowie; May 31, 2016 at 3:38 pm
Old May 31, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by mikepowie
Sorry for the newbie questions.

Flown AF several times IAD-CDG (either in Y or PE), but have no status with them. Have done TA Biz Class, but not on AF previously. Anyway, wife and I are booked this summer for IAD-CDG-BOM, Econ outbound, J on return. Deeply discounted both ways (V and Z, respectively). Is it possible/likely, I will be offered an upgrade purchase option via email from AF? Do I have to contact AF first to ask to be included in offers? I have used various upgrade services on SAS or Lufthansa, but inexperienced with AF. I recall getting one or two during OLCI in the past (perhaps from PE to J), but don't recall details. Would any offers be per leg, or would they perhaps do them together? I'm guessing for the pittance I paid for these tickets, the offers would be way too high and so we'll just have to wait for return trip from India to experience AF's Business Class.

Thanks for any help.
You might get an offer to your e-mail few days before, you might get it at OLCI, and if none of the 2 it never hurts to ask at the check in counter.
There is really no way of saying, all depends on how full the flights are, offer might be to one or both of the legs, and to either PE and/or J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.