Upgrades for Cash on AF??

Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:37 am
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
Just checked in for AF 379 tomorrow YVR to CDG, we bought tickets in premium economy.
I was hoping for an upgrade offer at checkin but no offer was made.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
You should ask at airport check-in.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Originally Posted by GrizNation
Any recent reports of upgrades being offered on either CDG-JFK (7.30pm flight) / JFK-CDG (11.30pmflight) ?
Also I booked my trip through priceline, would that prevent me from getting an offer?
I flew JFK-CDG roughly 10 days ago and was offered to upgrade from Y directly to J for $572. I bought my ticket directly from Air France.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by trigleek
I flew JFK-CDG roughly 10 days ago and was offered to upgrade from Y directly to J for $572. I bought my ticket directly from Air France.
Was the offer through online check in?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Originally Posted by mpheels
Was the offer through online check in?
From the airport while checking in.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but any experience on a J-F upgrade, specifically on a flying blue award ticket? Route is IAD-CDG in September so time but since it's our tenth anniversary would maybe consider springing.....

thanks
FDW
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Sorry if it's been mentioned before but any experience on a J-F upgrade, specifically on a flying blue award ticket? Route is IAD-CDG in September so time but since it's our tenth anniversary would maybe consider springing.....

thanks
FDW
Yes, personal experience on the same exact route (but on a paid J ticket) : it was proposed to me at check-in on an overbooked flight in J. They proposed me in miles or in cash (or maybe a combination of both - not sure). In cash, expect something around 2000-2500.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:27 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, personal experience on the same exact route (but on a paid J ticket) : it was proposed to me at check-in on an overbooked flight in J. They proposed me in miles or in cash (or maybe a combination of both - not sure). In cash, expect something around 2000-2500.
Thanks. If I could arrange it within a week I might bite but not sure at checkin. That's the price range I was expecting. Wrinkle is that there is two of us and only four F seats so I very much doubt that it'll be an option.

Fdw
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks. If I could arrange it within a week I might bite but not sure at checkin. That's the price range I was expecting. Wrinkle is that there is two of us and only four F seats so I very much doubt that it'll be an option.
You won't be able to arrange that a week before. Either it will be proposed by e-mail 24-48hrs before your flight, if you are targeted by the offer, or ultimately at check-in.
Old May 7, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Offered PE to J on GIG-CDG for US$425 per person at online checkin for May 8th. Took it. Pretty full cabin.. Couldn't get 2 seats together.
Old May 9, 2016, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG

Fdw
Probably not going to happen. I traveled with a business associate on a C fare with an overbooked J cabin(he's FB Platinum and I was Gold at that point) and I wasn't offered an upgrade.
Old May 18, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Flying WAW-CDG on an Economy K fare, was offered C upgrade at online check-in for 55€. Took it.

Last edited by albireo; May 19, 2016 at 4:10 am
Old May 21, 2016, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by albireo
Flying WAW-CDG on an Economy K fare, was offered C upgrade at online check-in for 55€. Took it.
This is a great offer. I had it twice already on the same route and took it each time.

On my side, I was proposed a paid upgrade for CDG-HAM for 129€
I didn't take it of course, and I made the right choice because several hours before the flight, checking the departure time in the App, I had the pleasure to see my BP updated to C class (op-up) for free
Old May 22, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: Many
Do we know which criterions make cash (or cash+miles) upgrades available at the airport on the day of departure (dod like AF calls them)?
Old May 23, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: DL FO
Flying IAD-CDG tonight (flight #055). Upgrade from W to J offered at check in yesterday for $269 per person - my mom and I are celebrating her retirement, so we jumped at the offer. Tickets purchased through a travel agent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.