Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyBE and Air France co-operation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
1 BE1435 W4 R4 Y4 T4 B4 S4 G0 GLA M CDG 1 1405 1825 E1.DH4 3:20

Indeed, stop in CWL.

Can't find any direct route on BE flights.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
In fact, I have a GLA-CWL coming up in a few weeks and I just noticed that it's actually BE1435! So, I guess I should've known better: sorry for my error.

Presumably, though, it's a 'bounce' stop rather than a change of plane?

-- Henry
Old Jul 15, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Serious case of Deja-vu...

Flybe = British European = Jersey European who I first flew in 1997 from BHX-GLA in a plane painted in Air France colours (with operated by Jersey European painted on the side á la Regional).

Earlier in this decade I flew many, many, many times to GLA with the AF/British European flights to GLA via BHX. AF3000 on mondays and AF3013 on Fridays (my first three years of Plat from that route). Sometimes in AF painted planes (with operated by) sometimes in BE/Flybe painted planes.

Up until early 2003 the same plane flew PAR-BHX-GLA, however we had to disembark in BHX to go through immigration (although the crew was pretty cool about leaving hand luggage on board for the - many - regulars). Then it changed with a seperate plane (propeller job) operating BHX-GLA and things started to go downhill big time with missed connections. And of course, it was the same time that AF/KL tied the knot so all of a sudden AF could (and still do) offer GLA-AMS-CDG.

This said, the AF3000/AF3013 was actually rather pleasant. The timings were good - in fact somewhat better than the KL flights (especially on the outbound) and since it was almost always the same crew and quite a few very regular people like me who were on the flights every week there was a really great friendly atmosphere (little bags of Champagne given to us over Christmas, once a regular had his last flight on the route and a few of us were invited to stay on board after landing in Glasgow for drinks to celebrate, etc.). Really we were all recognised like I think most of us plats would like to be recognised! I guess all that has changed now with the growth of Flybe...

AF passengers had clear added benefits compared to the LCC FlyBE pax - at check-in we were given coupons for free onboard snacks and newspapers and as FP Rouge (ahh, the nostalgia) access to the British Midlands lounge (rather Ironic now that I think about it).

I was in Glasgow last week (frst time in ages) and noticed on the Departure board a Flybe flight to Paris - when I inquired as to what that was (and wondering why I was flying via AMS) it was confirmed that indeed it went via Cardiff so no better than AMS.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 7:07 am

Moving away from the Glasgow/Cardiff discussion (says a Welshman living in Scotland ), one part of the FlyBe 'announcement' I find intriguing is:
"We look forward to deepening our relationship with Air France in the years to come."
What could this mean? Flybe joining Flying Blue? Full AF codeshare on other UK domestic flights? (That would be nice for level segments!) Or perhaps even allowing FB Elite+ pax access to the wonderful () FlyBe lounges?

-- Henry
Old Jul 21, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
As one who flies to Cardiff quite frequently I can explain that the GLA-CDG flight has one stop in Cardiff but there is no change of plane for continuing passengers though they are asked to get off the plane and then get back on. It's much easier than a proper connection but it's not brilliant nor is it cheap. I usually pay around Ł100 to get to Cardiff.

I guess it depends what the connecting fares are like but my guess is that leaving from Edinburgh on CityJet will still be cheaper. The flight is operated on Q400's which are a bit small.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:35 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Henry III
What could this mean? Flybe joining Flying Blue? Full AF codeshare on other UK domestic flights?
My Dear Henry,

You did it again... Cracked the crypticism surrounding wordings, names and titles.

I'm starting to wonder if you ever saw the movie "A beautiful Mind" or if this wonderful flick was based on a well known FT'er?

Humbly your protege,

Cup d'art
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Cupart
I'm starting to wonder if you ever saw the movie "A beautiful Mind" ...
I'm not sure if I did or not, but the "voices" tell me it's a good film!

-- H
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:56 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Henry III
I'm not sure iF I did or not, But the "voices" tell me it's a good film!

-- H
F and B = FB = Flying Blue

And there we go again
Old Jul 24, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold (RIP), TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, IC RA, Hertz 5*
The prospect of earning miles on the AF-FlyBe codeshares is good, but I assume it will likely only extend as far as the BA-FlyBe codeshare agreements have.

I would personally not expect this to go any further, ie I wouldn't expect FlyBE to join ST or anything like that.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Originally Posted by Roger
I wonder which routes will qualify for ST status in FB, i.e. qualifying flights to extend the life of FB miles.

Air France will market and add its AF code to the following Flybe flights to and from:

Birmingham - Avignon; Bergerac; Bordeaux; Brest; Chambery; La Rochelle; Limoges; Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG); Perpignan; Rennes; Toulouse; Belfast; Glasgow; Guernsey; Inverness; Isle Of Man; Jersey
Exeter - Avignon; Bergerac; Chambery; Rennes
Edinburgh - Bergerac; Limoges; Rennes
Glasgow - La Rochelle
Jersey - Nice
London Gatwick - Bergerac; Limoges
Manchester - Avignon; Bergerac; Brest; La Rochelle; Limoges; Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG); Rennes; Belfast; Glasgow; Inverness; Isle of Man
Newcastle - Limoges
Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - Belfast, Cardiff, Exeter, Glasgow, Jersey
Southampton - Avignon; Bergerac; Bordeaux; Brest; Chambery ; Limoges; La Rochelle; Nice; Orly; Perpignan; Rennes; Belfast; Glasgow; Guernsey; Jersey; Isle of Man; Inverness; Leeds Bradford
http://www.flybe.com/news/1007/13.htm
Have I missed something here...no SOU to Paris or vice versa ?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Have I missed something here...no SOU to Paris or vice versa ?
SOU-ORY is in that list.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 2:06 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by jsfr
Serious case of Deja-vu...

Flybe = British European = Jersey European who I first flew in 1997 from BHX-GLA in a plane painted in Air France colours (with operated by Jersey European painted on the side á la Regional).
That was the first thing I thought too. What goes around comes around.

It prompted me to look through my box of old boarding passes and I've scanned some British European, Jersey European and FlyBe ones. The top two are from 1998, the second row is from 2000 then 2002 and the third row is from 2005 and 2003.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/...g_1970/239.jpg
Old Sep 5, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Roger
SOU-ORY is in that list.
Sorry...I was reading it line by line.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Some of the new Flybe codeshares with AF are now on sale, apparently.
http://www.flybe.com/news/1009/09_1.htm
Originally Posted by Flybe
In what is the first of a two-phase release resulting from its recently announced codeshare arrangement with Air France, Flybe - Europe’s largest regional airline and the UK’s Number One Domestic carrier - is today announcing four significant pieces of news that greatly enhance its services right into the central hub of French aviation at Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG), namely:

* An increased choice of up to 14 daily flights to and from Manchester and CDG
* An increased choice of up to 12 flights a day to and from Birmingham and CDG
* A new service operating between Edinburgh and CDG offering up to six flights a day
* Increased frequency on its new route to and from Southampton airport and Orly airport with up to six convenient flights a day.

Tickets are available for sale at www.flybe.com from Ł38.99 one way including taxes and airport charges for travel effective October 31st.

In what will prove yet another real benefit to Flybe passengers, effective October 31st, all its services to and from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport will conveniently connect to the Air France hub at Terminal 2E. This will greatly expand Flybe’s global reach and allow seamless and easy access to all of Air France’s extensive international services.
I'm not familiar with the current schedule on these routes, but doesn't this represent a significant capacity increase? Up to 7 daily each way MAN-CDG seems a very high frequency.

EDI is now three each way, which seems unchanged from the current except for better times.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: N/A
I recently (i.e. between 10-15 days ago) made several bookings for next year on either the AF or KLM websites.

All of those bookings (Economy R or E) included either a MAN-CDG or a CDG-MAN segment.

When I booked, I made sure I picked flights operated by AF instead of FlyBe.
This morning, I realised that most of the MAN-CDG or CDG-MAN segments had been replaced by flights operated by FlyBe instead of AF (with AF flight number).

Now, in My reservation, those new FlyBe flights (booking status: N/A on the AF website, while marked as confirmed on the KLM website) show alongside the old AF flights (booking status: N/A on the AF website or Unable to waitlist on the KLM website) which makes it very confusing.

The only plus side I can see to this change is that if I'd booked now the FlyBe flights I would have paid between 2 to 3 times the amount I paid.

I asked AF customer service (filling in online form) about the following:
  • if they could clarify the situation with old and new flights on the same reservation.
  • priority check-in (FlyBe seem to have them according to their website, but will they let FB Elite members using them?)
  • lounge access for Elite+ members (AF operates at MAN T2, FlyBe at T3. Will FlyBe let Elite+ members in their lounge?)
  • will the segments with an AF code but operated by FlyBe still count towards the status?
  • I could have asked about the extra bag for elite members but the disappointing reply would have been the same

Unfortunately, I received what I would qualify as a very unhelpful reply: please contact customer service where you bought your ticket (either France or the UK) or 3654. Since I live in England, I guess I could try AF/KLM sales team in the UK I don't really how telephone sales will be able to help me more than the "online" customer service.

In order to find out about the FlyBe operated flights, I am now hoping we will get more information once members of this community will start flying on AF flights operated by FlyBe and check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.