Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
That bread looks hardon.
Eh, don't give these FAs ideas.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Transborder reverts back to 2 meal choices

AC mainline has gone back to 2 entrée choices transborder (to FLL anyway) as of October (it has been 3 up until this point). Maybe they are preparing pax for the introduction of Rouge on the route later this month.

I don't usually comment on the catering (First World Problem), however, the chicken was swimming in a massive amount of green sauce - it was the worst entrée I've had in years. The quality of the salmon on the way down was on an entirely different plane (so to speak).
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by PlainEnthusiast
AC mainline has gone back to 2 entrée choices transborder (to FLL anyway) as of October (it has been 3 up until this point). Maybe they are preparing pax for the introduction of Rouge on the route later this month.

I don't usually comment on the catering (First World Problem), however, the chicken was swimming in a massive amount of green sauce - it was the worst entrée I've had in years. The quality of the salmon on the way down was on an entirely different plane (so to speak).
I enjoy the salmon when it comes with the risotto but when it comes with the regular rice, I could care less.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I enjoy the salmon when it comes with the risotto but when it comes with the regular rice, I could care less.
Could or couldn't?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Could or couldn't?
couldn't

Sorry - still sick and still on double doses of NyQuil and neocitran so you might notice some errors.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
double doses of NyQuil and neocitran
Holy. I'd be passed out!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:19 pm

Holy. I'd be passed out!
that would be why I haven't been on FT recently :P
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Free Agent
Oct 10 AC 270- a couple of rare (in my experience) slip ups; and the worst chicken entree ever

service issues:
meal orders not taken by status
no hot towels prior to meal
forgot drink orders; twice. then got them wrong anyway

the Caribbean chicken- ick. just ick. odd coloured thigh meat drowning in a pool of green herb 'salsa'; red quinoa gives the plate a 'Christmas at Grandma's' feel.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by PlainEnthusiast

Sounds like you had the green curry chicken. I found it terrible as well.

That's interesting that they removed one of the entree choices. What was the other one?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canolakid
Oct 10 AC 270- a couple of rare (in my experience) slip ups; and the worst chicken entree ever

service issues:
meal orders not taken by status
no hot towels prior to meal
forgot drink orders; twice. then got them wrong anyway

the Caribbean chicken- ick. just ick. odd coloured thigh meat drowning in a pool of green herb 'salsa'; red quinoa gives the plate a 'Christmas at Grandma's' feel.
Not that the metal type matters since this was a soft product messup... but out of curiosity were you on a an E90 or narrow body Airbus?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:04 pm

I noticed there were only two options on ACr SFO-YVR on Friday. There had always been three previously, but it's been months since I'd flown that route.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
So, where were we…..ah yes, posting that my AA flights of < 3 hours got 2 meals choices, whereas…...

From the International Business Class meals thread

Originally Posted by yvrgary
If only there were some way to indicate your wishes prior to boarding.
Possibly some sort of electronic communication.
Never mind, I just found the flaw in my own plan.
(bolding mine)

Thanks for reminding me.
I just selected my meal options for my upcoming AA flights. This service is available 30 days prior to flight date.

How many choices were there?

Originally Posted by 24left
You already know the answer.

EDIT: But I will answer again anyway
On flights from the U.S. to the Caribbean, two choices are offered.

My point about the ABILITY to select my meals 30 days in advance was in response to yvrgary’s comment "If only there were some way to indicate your wishes prior to boarding."

I have also pointed out previously that pre-order on AC would make a difference when crew comes around to take orders and pax are told, oh, no more beef etc.

I'll take 3 choices on board over 2 choices in advance

Meanwhile……

I noticed there were only two options on ACr SFO-YVR on Friday. There had always been three previously, but it's been months since I'd flown that route.

Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Sounds like you had the green curry chicken. I found it terrible as well.

That's interesting that they removed one of the entree choices. What was the other one?
It was the jerk chicken referenced in post #2183 (so not the curry one). The other choice was pasta.

Transborder the meal choices have traditionally been chicken, pasta and one other protein (alternating between beef tenderloin and salmon) and they loaded 6 of each for the 14 pax.

Last edited by PlainEnthusiast; Oct 12, 2015 at 9:31 am
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Not that the metal type matters since this was a soft product messup... but out of curiosity were you on a an E90 or narrow body Airbus?
Airbus
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:26 pm

Veal stew with a tomato and vegetable sauce, cauliflower au gratin and fine French green beans.

I've never seen that before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.